Christian Dior 'J'adore' Fragrances : Charlize Theron

Cosmopolitan Ukraine December 2011 ebook30

I dont really like it....
First i dont like the video idea about her on the show and the old stars look so weird in this context!

They wanted to make it memorable but one thing i know is that the last commercial was really simple yet it was so powerful that made it iconic.
Also Carmen´s commercial was so much better than with Charlize but Carm is not a celebrity:rolleyes:

I agree, the new one tries to hard. The old one in which she just walks through the room has EVERYTHING. And it most definitely has suiting music.

this new pic is virtually identical to all the rest; i doubt the public will think it's different at all. lol. but i will say, it's gorgeous and this campaign has definitely been a great one for the company. Charlize is the perfect woman for "J'Adore"

This must be the most cheesy and vulgar perfume campaign I've seen in my whole life. They went from that incredible Carmen Kass ad to... this. :shock:

This must be the most cheesy and vulgar perfume campaign I've seen in my whole life. They went from that incredible Carmen Kass ad to... this. :shock:

I'm sorry ... vulgar?

You're gonna have to elaborate on what precisely makes this campaign vulgar. Because I think that's a ludicrous statement.

I like the commercial, but I don't think it fits the current Dior aesthetics. I wonder if Raf's gonna get any influence on a new campaign, then I could definitely see Marion or Jennifer in the campaign.

I'm kind of over this one tbh, it's been airing for way too long on tv now.

I'm with you! Charlize makes look this so cheap, like those celebrity fragances ads.

i just CAN'T with comments like, "Charlize makes this so cheap". LMAOOO! she's one of the most successful moviestars on the planet. she's an Academy Award winner. she ooooozes glamour and sophistication and professional excellence. who on earth do you imagine would make it look less cheap?! some random eastern european model who nobody but a few obsessive fashion insiders know about? just hilariously absurd!

Excuse me? How going from Carmen to Charlize makes it vulgar? :ninja:

^You should read things properly before replying. :wink:

I'm sorry ... vulgar?

You're gonna have to elaborate on what precisely makes this campaign vulgar. Because I think that's a ludicrous statement.

A super famous film actress running ‘sophisticatedly’ along the Versailles halls with her shades on. Lots of flashes. Music. Thousands of people waiting for the fashion show to start. She walks around those people anonymously, hidden by her shades as no one has to recognize her. Then she goes into the backstage and, very zoolanderly, she removes her glasses from her face and gives her Lady Dior bag to an assistant. Then she meets a digital Grace Kelly; she kisses ‘her’. More flashes. She walks fiercely to put her dress on, and in that precise moment she has a vision of Marlene Dietrich in Morocco. Then a wax statue of Marilyn Monroe that has come to live says ‘Dioooor’. More flashes. They turn the lights off and Charlize comes in. She makes her suuuuuuper intense and fierce appearance walking suuuuuper intensely and fiercely (like a horse I'd say). Everyone is stunned. More flashes. And, then, she makes a defiant stare (a blue steel actually) and says ‘J’adore Dior’.

I’m sold… :blush:

^ I do agree with you. This is certainly not a great fragrance campaign. It's nice they put so much effort into it but the outcome is indeed cheesy and fake.
Charlize is wonderful however, it's not her fault.

I like the commercial, but I don't think it fits the current Dior aesthetics. I wonder if Raf's gonna get any influence on a new campaign, then I could definitely see Marion or Jennifer in the campaign.

I'm kind of over this one tbh, it's been airing for way too long on tv now.
Raf will have no control over J'adore. There is no way Dior execs will allow him to mess with this. Its Dior's best selling fragrance and Charlize has done an incredible job over the years. Jennifer would be a poor choice for the campaign and Marion would be a decent replacement.

To me Jennifer is the modern Dior girl while Marion represents elegant and sophisticated part of the house but Charlize really embodies the ooze and glamour of the brand. Like she always look INCREDIBLE in Dior. Always.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crinklechiffon
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->