Christian Dior 'Lady Dior' Handbags 2008-2014 : Marion Cotillard

thanks for posting Street a Licious :flower: I really do like these ads, there fantastic. Much better than Monica's boring ads :innocent: These have more of a "wow" factor.
and thanks for posting the link Faith Akiyama :flower:

I like them, maybe there's a little bit too much sky in the first one but I like it she looks sexy

[scanned by sister-d at bwgreyscale]

a more close up shot
:flower:

^thanks.
this campaign's really grown on me, I love it!

she's beautiful.. but I don't like the way she pose, or.. I dunno.. just don't quite like it.. :(

Does anyone know anything about the next installment of the campaign?
Is it going to be a season thing?

^ I was thinking about that too. I hope it doesn't override the spring summer campaign.

I'm curious to know, if it is a 4-part series, whether this ad is 'Summer' the next 'Autumn' and so on? If it's S/S, A/W, it seems strange to be a 4 part series, as it's 2 seasons and 2 years?
Wondering how long we have to wait for the next....

Marion makes beautiful look so effortless :blush: Well, looking at the video posted on the website, it looks like they really did shot at the Eiffel Tower, butI think a different pose would have made the idea that Marion was really on top of the Effiel Tower more believable- because right now not even her hand seems to be securely locking onto anything, its merely holding onto the metal like you would on a banister when walking down the stairs. Coupled with her leaning away from the tower and into open air and they way her (fantastic) legs are positioned, there doesn't seem to be any real hold. Perhaps that particular shot wasn't where it supposedly is- it would be highly highly dangerous to be on heels and leaning like that with no harness on top of the Eiffel!! :shock: It also says that "The story of Lady Dior will also take Marion to other International Cities" and that "..with her audacity and elegance, she is about to being a series of photo shoots that will take her to three other captial cities..." :woot: Anyway, over-analysation over! I recently saw this collection in Hong Kong, aand! the bags look even better when on display. You just wanna reach out and grab one and hold it forever and ever and ever!

I love it:heart:Live the concept and Marion looks beautiful:heart:

I believe this campaign is the reason for the lateness of the S/S campaign. I think the other cities will follow in later seasons. I think in F/W 0910 we will see another city.

Do you think we'll see a new ad for this soon?
I noticed Giselle's SS Dior ad has appeared in the latest issue of VP!

adore this actress, and she's such a good model! :o

Dior ad campaignn: Marion Cotillard and the Lady Dior Handbag

Hi! This is my first post on tFS.
I'd like to speak about the famous LADY Dior, a handbag wore by Lady Diana herself.
As you probably know, this handbag is one of the exclusive accessories from the new Dior Makeup Collection.
It's also the subject of a "new" campaign with the french actress Marion Cotillard, by Peter Lindbergh.
Here are the pics for those who hadn't saw the campaign.
As for me, I think the Lady Dior campaign is a success. Beautiful, simple...
So, what do you think?
Do you agree with the fact that brands like Prada, for example, use actresses (Katie Holmes, :s ) and not models?

Attachments

• 0812122_photo_de_marion_cotillard_pub_lady_dior_printemps_ete_2009_1.jpg
    0812122_photo_de_marion_cotillard_pub_lady_dior_printemps_ete_2009_1.jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 0812122_photo_de_marion_cotillard_pub_lady_dior_printemps_ete_2009_2.jpg
    0812122_photo_de_marion_cotillard_pub_lady_dior_printemps_ete_2009_2.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 14
Everytime I post I never really say anything new BUT - seriously...where is the new campaign?

I thought it was supposed to span 2 years with a new ad each season.
It's been almost 9 months since it launched and the website is still spouting about a cinematic campaign shot in 4 cities based on 4 short stories bla bla....it hasn't changed since it went live.

Surely the whole campaign hasn't been shelved? :(

Last edited by a moderator:
well i also agree that its a great ad but it doesnt beat the belluci one to me. belucci pulled it off like a model here you can still tell its an actress, but she looks great

I think we should be seeing another set soon. Maybe in the June/July issues?

I think we should be seeing another set soon. Maybe in the June/July issues?

I hope so :smile:
One of my biggest pet peeves is websites that never get updated.
The Lady Dior site has been promising all of this 'coming soon' content since it launched!

^ I know, right? diorcouture.com still has Daria's F/W 0809 ads :judge:

I'm curious to see which other cities are used. New York and London?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miumeow
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->