Dior won't be having a campaign for F/W 09.10

i'm saddened by this news 'cause i was still hoping for Dior's F/W campaign to come out. but after reading this, sigh.. :(

No campaign for Dior... now this is just sad, feel really sad...
I would prefer to see a model campaign, don't care about Lady Dior.

And yet the Lady Dior ads are completely horrible and don't represent anything at all really. Let alone something iconic. Who is even wearing that monstrous collection?

This is like the episode of 'Hung' where Anne Heche's character asks her husband if they're still rich and her husband replies 'Were still rich just not as rich..."

Wake me when the recession is over. I feel like sending them an eCard that says "SRY U BLEW UR CAMPAIGN BUDGET SUX 2B U"

Last edited by a moderator:
No! I kept hoping some new ads would come, just much later. It's just wrong. :(

And yet the Lady Dior ads are completely horrible and don't represent anything at all really. Let alone something iconic. Who is even wearing that monstrous collection?

This is like the episode of 'Hung' where Anne Heche's character asks her husband if they're still rich and her husband replies 'Were still rich just not as rich..."

Wake me when the recession is over. I feel like sending them an eCard that says "SRY U BLEW UR CAMPAIGN BUDGET SUX 2B U"

I want a tshirt with this ...

Damn , I was so looking forward to Dior!:cry: Lady Dior is just :doh:. John is a :judge:.

Toledano seemed satisfied in May with the brand's move toward using more star power and away from seasonal campaigns that typically feature models: “Now we have to give more meaning. People are looking for iconic products and they want to see a product representing the values of a company.”
That quote concerns me...

I'm really disappointed to read this. I was looking forward to seeing the Dior ads but this is very sad :(

Seriously, when was the last time a mega brand Dior went without doing an ad campaign?

Wow :( Even that Dior campagns are not the best of each season, is sad that we don't have that campaign, I was starting to think that Maryna for some reason was going to be there ...

So that's it?? all major campaings are out.
Conclusion: I'm a bit dissapointed about this season's campaigns.. for me Lanvin was the Best even tho I don't really know the work of this georgeos model in it

That quote concerns me...

When I read it, I felt - where is the passion for the Dior name itself? It sounded like he was reading from a business handbook about a transferable template for profit generation which could be applied to a company, any company.

In order to sell products based on values, you first have to define what the values of Dior are, but indeed, it is far easier to hire a celebrity.

In terms of quality of the campaign it's really not a big loss. The Dior campaigns are prestigious, but boring as h***. They bring nothing to the table. It is of course a bad sign for the industry in general, though.

I think what irks me is that there are no new ideas. If the formula isn't working then what is the new formula? There doesn't seem to be one in this case - its just lets pimp out another ad with a celebrity in it. I don't really see where an iconic campaign image has been created - the current campaign is nothing special really, it borders on banal. There is no added meaning here.

Honestly, Dior's collection campaigns have been lackluster for the past couple of years now, so them not doing one this season is fine with me. Their last great campaign was with Angela Lindvall and Nick Knight.

^Precisely. Absolutely no meaning to those ads, just boring.

I'm hoping they'll save up their money, wait for ad costs to go down and reinvent their own pret-a-porter ads. Maybe they just put it all on getting Linda for the Galliano ads. Wild speculation ^_^

it's time for toledano to go. he's ushering dior into fashion irrelevance. does he not understand that it's the outrageous runway and the spectacular campaigns that have anyone even THINK about the brand of dior. we love the history, but we have lots of defunct french houses with great history.

also, what model for no-advertising sales does toledano follow? i don't care how large or small of a market postion someone inhabits, you have to put your name out there to keep the customers you have and get the customers you don't. like, he's not selling computer parts here, he's selling image.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->