Christian Dior Resort 2008 New York

^ Thanks for taking the time to do that. I dislike the Dior website, so this saves me a visit. :wink:

^ The Dior website didnt use to be so bad, but they changed it and made it 1000 times worse, who knows why :shock:

I can't belive I haven't posted about how much I hate this collection yet. It's heinous. Mix Oscar de la Renta's cuts with Michael Kors' destination aesthetic and a very, very heavy dose of mid-sixties kitch....the result makes my stomach turn.

yea I hate it too...and the presentation was terrible. pointless runway, dull lighting....drunk models. :sick: Chanel defeated it by a long shot.

...and a very, very heavy dose of mid-sixties kitch....
that's the exact reason I love it....:blush:

I really like the collection. I kind of wish that it was the SS 08 collection so that way it would get some more attention editorially or whatever.

The video up how llong has it been??? Im so late on this but yeah it was kinda below standard from the last season. i loved the presentation of the other cruise collection even though i thought some of the clothes were a little tacky but this time around i just not impressed overall.......it might grow on me me but first impresions are the most important

Last edited by a moderator:
This seems like a full-fledged RTW collection.

Where does this guy find all the time and ideas?

It is a team sweety, not Galliano himself. I suppose he was to busy with his Couture collection and left one of his workers handel the entire collection. He just mentioned the idea and the inspiration. They listen he dictates and they make it happen.

Does anyone have any close ups of the close toed shoes from this collection? I am in love with them already...

I uploaded this from Fashion Television
(you may have to give it a second to process)

I like it, but I think the pieces would look better individually... together it seems a bit gaudy

Doesn't look resort at all to me but more to Poiret's One Thousand and Second Night Party outfits ... :smile:

i have to say that shoes and hair spoil the dresses
and horrible thing is that pinkish gown with folds and ruffles that are used excessively and unnessarily
and i don't the materials that look rough and kind of plastic
last season resort is the best ever

last season resort is the best ever

Agreed! Now THAT was a direction that I would've loved to have seen John move towards with Dior. The SS 07 rtw collection totally followed in the footsteps of that resort collection and it was beautiful because of it's simplicity. Result: people nag that it's boring and 'not-Dior'. Now he goes back to this drama-theater and although it's fun and some stuff looks good, THIS is not-Dior. Where is John's balance between the drama and the simplicity he had in his first few collection for Dior? The fact that he is going back and forth from simple to drama means that he is at least looking for that balance again. Perhaps SS 08 will make everyone happy.

^^^^^^Yeah i thought the last resort was just so different from anything id seen in a while and this was all show.... though it would be very "fashion forward" for women to wear this collection its hard to say if many will choose to nevertheless the editorials will be amazing!!!!:woot:

Honestly, if I were a woman I would never wear any of this.:ninja: Matter-of-fact, I don't think a lot of women would be wearing this at a resort or on a cruise on anywhere at all!:innocent: But I guess you have to be daring in the wardrobe department to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->