Christian Dior S/S 2004 Paris

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
this is the first Dior picture for ss04, it seems like a welcome change in direction from Mr Galliano. His inspiration seems to taken from the recent Marlene Dietrich exhibition in Paris, (M.D. used to be a personal friend of Christian Dior after all).

So expect platinum blond wigs mixed with 40's shapes and ‘rocker chic’, la corseterie, grey pearl satins, lamè bikinis, tatoos.
Other icons of the Dior show, include Janis Joplin, Marianne Faithful and the recently arrested deliquent :blink: Courtney Love.

a taste from the (?)new era at Dior :heart:

Attachments

• dior.jpg
    dior.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 44
Im loveing the first look, I m exited that he si moveing away form his asain influneced looks, that are geting super tired, dull and boring :P

I'm undecided. I love it and I hate it at the same time if thats even possible.

here one more :flower:

Attachments

• COVER_10_1_.08.03_FINAL.jpg
    COVER_10_1_.08.03_FINAL.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 47
here we go :woot: quite an improvement

enjoy :flower:

Attachments

• dior_1.jpg
    dior_1.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 94
oh no! :sick:

marlene in the little wh*re house from texas is more like it... man. what a way to honor a wonderful woman, john. :cry: and poor janis....

i'm loving :heart: this!
i like what galliano does to the models
u can hardly recognize them!
hehehe... :smile: but it's different and i like how his collection always IS soooo different from the other houses on the runway
i'm :heart: loving it!

i hope they have a cool campaign this season too!

first pics
:flower:

Attachments

• dior1_ss04.jpg
    dior1_ss04.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 38
SOOOORRRRYYYYY I didnt see theres already a topic for this.... :unsure:

F*ckin' fabulous! :woot: :heart:

Finally :woot: , John's most serious show in recent memory. I mean everything was just so well put together and directional for him, even though there were plently of inprirations ranging from the flamenco, hip-hop and can-can of July's couture collection to 'present-day' Marlene Dietrichs.

A very focused, not over the place tour de force for Galliano. :clap: Can't wait for Fall. :wink:

Those are cool! One thing I have noticed is that a lot of designers are using fur in their Spring collection. Gucci, Dior, D&G, and others did it. I find that interesting :innocent:

Hehe :P .. I seemed to have been taken away by the first set of pics.

Well, I still agree with what I said earlier that, yes, it was his best in recent memory and still very focused even with all the references. :wink:

Then I took the Style slideshow of the Dior show and, yes, Galliano dissapoints. :( I mean it was the usual Galliano circus :wacko: . First the rubber leggings and body-suits, they were very tiring to see because they were already used fabulously in his Egyptian-inspired S/S '97 collection. Aside from that the only problem was showing 20+ bikini's. :wacko:

its fantastic. usually i roll my eyes at dior and galliano in general but i like this a lot

Galliano finally puting some thought into dior :heart:

Im in love with tehas boddy suits :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->