Christian Dior HC S/S 08 Paris

Very Klimt, tribal, oriental and medieval, via the 1960s.

I adore the opulence of the Klimt-inspired embroidery and beading and the rich colour palette. :heart: :heart: :heart:

I can't deny that the clothes are beautiful but really this is so tacky! Whoever said draggish took the words out of my mouth. I hate these sort of outrageous shows.....

i guess the Klimt-ness will carry over to the RTW. matter of fact i HOPE that it will. i got a weak spot for Klimt (as i've seen his paintings SO OFTEN at our Belvedere Museum...).

if John keeps on referencing painters.... Rothko and Pollock? or Warhol with his pop-art extravaganza. or Boticelli, soft and romantic with a renaissance flair.

I love it. there are some pieces that really cought my attention ...
like this one, i just can't get enough of watching it, its flawless :heart:

34rw0ft.jpg

getty

thanks! :smile:
the collection......nothing new but still beautiful. some pieces are way too heavy though
#364- i love this dress too!

Who had the idea for that music.........?
It does not work!!! :shock:

I agree, the music choices are horrible. And I like Zeppelin, but not for couture. Where on Dior website is video?

Ooooh, that music is odd. :shock:

The video can be found:
Fashion & Accessories
Women
Country (pick one - I think they all work)
Fashion Shows link on the left side.

As much as I love the idea of Led Zeppelin and Jimi Hendrix for couture, it just isn't working for me. It's so incongrous to the clothes and the set that it's ruining the whole presentation.

There are too many twists and turns with this show, it doesn't really flow harmoniously like Galliano/Dior shows usually do. And Jeremy Healy is officially a has been at Maison Dior.

ETA, just watched the telegraph clip. With Klimt's vision of Salome as the inspiration this should've been amazing, not could've been, but should have been. Bias cuts, sheer layers of silk, rich dark coloring, body revealing shapes.

He has a lot to make up for imo. -_-

Last edited by a moderator:
i know i dont like the music to this either; and im going off the whole collection

^ Dior needs to get off of John's back, at least where couture is conscerned.

I just realized how much I hate the make-up. Some was really good and fitting, but overall it was really very draggish. :sick: with all that glitter and colour and stuff...

The runway playlist has no relevance to the collection, but I still somehow manage to like it ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->