Christian Siriano F/W 2022.23 New York

I know it’s easy to hate on this guy, but bless him for making it happen for himself.

I guess this sells in the US?
The collection is riddled with issues, the first section with the shiny numbers are shadow of mugler, in the worst and most cheap looking way. Then we move on to the blue. There are proportion and fit issues with the oversized coats, with way too heavy fabrications. Which is a running theme, the girls are drowning in coats and ideas.

he lacks vision, you can see it in his presentation, here he would benefit from editing and a more interesting context. This feels like a scene in a movie about a fashion show. It’s so surface.

Bit of Nensi Dojoka, current Alaïa, Christian Cowan, Theysken's velvet pieces from the latest Azzaro couture collection, Balenciaga, Glenn Marten's Gaultier collection etc. And more abrupt waist seams in so many of his dresses, and garments that should have a nice lining. Props to still lasting though.

The Vogue runway review has an odd quote about the attendees from Siriano: “If they’re spending $200,000 a season, they should be here”. I'd like to know the context, who these people are and how much they're spending on Siriano pieces.

Even the Vogue staff implied $200,000 for the whole collection, it is still ridiculous expensive for this brand.

His clothes will never not look like a parody. It's like he never left Project Runway.

Please learn how to execute the easy basic first before you start doing volume. Those final dresses look so sad.

I really want to talk to his loyal clients, to see what do they see in his clothes, because honestly I don't. if you have that much money to spend, while not go to Valentino or even Elie Saab. They know how to execute the clothes and the fabrics are definitely better.

200 000 per season for Siriano! I mean that’s maybe for the Top clients because it would be very inclusive for a brand like Siriano…
I didn’t even spent 20% of that amount yearly at Chanel to be invited at shows. And I know there are women who spend millions there.

I just hope those clients of Siriano have access to better fabrics than what he is showing on the runway.

he sells sketches of this collection on his site for $250 each. Cheapest of them closing look is sold sadly

christiansiriano.com

I didn’t even spent 20% of that amount yearly at Chanel to be invited at shows. And I know there are women who spend millions there.

Non-related, but what happened when you stopped buying Virginie's clothes? Did they stop inviting you to the show, or did they send emails asking why?

I always want to know how do brands/designers react when their loyal clients skipped buying for one season or just stopping altogether. I just know Céline customer service must work overtime during Hedi first few seasons :lol:.

As always he needs heavy editing in his collection. There are a few decent pieces hidden in a mixed bag of the good, the bad and ugly.

he sells sketches of this collection on his site for $250 each. Cheapest of them closing look is sold sadly
That are a poor drawings. His business is not good if he had to sell the drawings. IMO the price 200 000 is PR trick.

Non-related, but what happened when you stopped buying Virginie's clothes? Did they stop inviting you to the show, or did they send emails asking why?

I always want to know how do brands/designers react when their loyal clients skipped buying for one season or just stopping altogether. I just know Céline customer service must work overtime during Hedi first few seasons :lol:.

Let’s say that the pandemic worked in my favor… A lot of clients can’t attend shows anyway so brands have to adapt.

But no, the beauty of a brand like Chanel is that there are many ways to engage with the brands. And part of being a loyal customer is to engage in all the different activities or services.

And Chanel aside, you kind of build a relationship with a lot of people when you are really engaged as a customer (SA, store manager…etc) and not just a big spender. I’ve received attention or services sometimes that were meant for people who spend more than me per season.

See for a brand like Celine for example, i haven’t been a customer since Hedi took over. I only bought the perfumes for example so overtime I’ve stopped being in their lists. The same for Balenciaga. I’ve been faithful to the brand during Nicolas’s tenure, I was still in their list during Wang’s tenure and the beginning of Demna because of some relationships made but I haven’t been a customer for years now and the relationships are now inexistent.

I tend to give Christian Siriano a free pass because his shows are often the most exciting and fashion-filled event on the NYFW calendar but the majority of these looks here are simply inexcusable. Not to mention the hem on Candice Huffine's dress is coming down!

There´s a fine line between playing with volumes; and making fabric turds. But Christian obviously does not know this...

Somber and tacky! At least he’s usually tacky but cheerful…

The execution is very sad and almost nothing fits the models, even the sample size ones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellbendcat69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->