Christian Siriano S/S 11 New York

His inspiration

Maybe this explains why the collection seemed so contrived and all round bad...:innocent:

Siriano explained his Spring inspiration as a mélange of various cultures from places he hasn't been; "A bit of African, a bit of Asian, a bit of Mediterranean-Greek,"

style.com

^ Not only is it a terrible idea to base a collection on places you haven't been, but those three areas are so vastly different it is so unfocused.

Wow, someone's, what, second collection and people are already saying you're "repetitive" and "basic Siriano..." yeah, not good :( Some of the patterns are wonderful, a couple patterns are bad, and the ruffel dresses are good, but we've seen it before. If you MUST do ruffels, Christian, next season do them in a different way if possible.

i think it's actually his 4th or 5th collection, so it's especially bad to hear those comments.

He has got to re evaluate his direction. I can't get a straight idea and i'm not inspired. He has got to challenge himself.

All bark, no bite.
No longer keeping up with his collections anymore. He's exhausted ruffles into oblivion.

I don't know what to make of this tweet from C. Siriano's bf Brad Walsh. But I'm thinking someone doesn't like the backlash from the last collection. :innocent:

@bradwalsh it's pretty stunning how much time and money is invested solely to produce commentary on the work of people who actually do things.

twitter.com

Attachments

• brad.jpg
    brad.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 8
I was excited to see his collection and now i'm like.. umm ok... i agree ruffles gone mad, and it is all over the place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->