Christian Siriano F/W 09.10 New York

Some of the shapes and proportions are awfully bulky. That look with the mocha satin blouse and camel high waisted skirt is just bad. I mean, the point of a high waisted skirt is to emphasize the waist, not to remove any trace of it. I'll give him this, it can't be easy to make a model, a person with extremely elongated proportions, look both stumpy and bulky.

Seeing this yet again comfirms it for me that when you take away the insane volumes and ruffles he's really not all that talented. And that his taste in color is god awful hideous.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like some of the pieces in the collection but because he came from Project Runway people think that he won't go that far. That's why I want him to go far because he would be the first from PR and he is really talented. I do agree that he needs to develop a bit more though. BTW, Jillian Lewis(from the same season of PR) showed a presentation during NYFW, it wasn't very good.

ancient egypt????? where???

yeah,a lot of hype and no substance. just showy,recycled ideas.

I don't think it's THAT bad, I really don't get the hate.

I think his last collection was a lot better. And I think people really are giving him flack because of PR. Plenty of designers have had questionable showings in their careers. Of course all those people in the front row would never admit to it.

omg @ ripping off Rodarte/Louboutin for PAYLESS.

my mind? consider it blown.

After seeing the style.com, well, he still beats Zac Posen. Some of it is at least still wearable I guess. I really dislike that tacky one-sleever blue 80's dress though..

Some shapes are interesting, but I'm not sure about the fabrics and the colours though...

whenever I look through Christina Siriano's collection, it gives me great hope as a fashion student lol.

^ That actually made me laughed, lol.. I think it's still way too early for Christian to have a collection on his own... If you look at some of the most successful designers, they have their own mentors to guide then when they first started out.. and I think he needed just that. It would be wiser for him to work with somebody else first and develop his aesthetics and talent from there rather than just rush to have his own collection.

I just think that he's not mature enough to have a collection on his own,he has some potential but I think the collection still leaves a lot to be desired.I dislike the colours and the fabrics.

Siriano has no eye for colour at all. Who is going to wear all this poo-coloured rubbish? And who buys cheap looking turquoise satin. It's like DIY shop 'trendy' paint colour palette, not anything that anyone would apply to their actual wardrobe. Also, cohesion doesn't mean only using two colours for everything.

And the clothes aren't great either...

Yes, he's good at sewing, that means he'd make a good intern. His designing so far is so unimpressive.

I feel the handful of nice garments were overshadowed by the messiness of the majority. I'd like to get a more detailed look at the white tights, because I suspect I might want them.

i like christian, but this collection is quite... forgettable. and tacky. sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great colection, very beautiful, but nothing different, I see Lanvin, Galliano, and the shoes, are great also, but the same.. a copy from other's I've seen, nevertheless, I think he's very talented...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->