Christian Siriano F/W 09.10 New York

OMG, I kinda like his last season's work.But this, pure disastre.
The headpieces looks really terrible.

i thought you got a hundred thousands dollars to start a line when you won project runway?
You do, but trust me, $100k doesn't get you very far in terms of creating a collection and mounting a runway show.

He's got to have some kind of financial backers at the moment. Does anyone know if his line is in production yet or if they're just one-off pieces at the moment?

^he has received money from payless.

I don't know. I like a few things here and there, but a lot of it is messy and some of them just look like things other designers have done before. Really not great. :/

It seems like he just dyed those things he did on project runway into different colors and called them as his new collection.

its not a very bad collection though i agree that some of the pieces are overly constructed

i saw the show in person and i think you should watch the runway video.
while not all the pieces are nice theres a good 7 i think are. the shoes remind me of rodarte though. and im not a fan of the giant elbow/shoulder shirts. i like the fact that little by little hes letting go of the overly victorian theme and hopefully next season he'll switch it up completely.

I really do want him to succeed, but that would be impossible with this collection. Somebody shoud tell him to do something new and think outside of the box, even most of the palette is his old sh**. It might have been stunning the first time he did his thing but now...

It could have been better if he did his old sh** but improved it somehow but we all know there is nothing improved about it.

Seriously, I couldn't even believe this was his collection for fall 2009... I thought it was something taken from his finale Project Runway collection..

So sad.

Christian Siriano for Payless.
20090220_details_sirianoshoes_560x375.jpg

Photo: Imaxtree

Last December, Christian Siriano announced plans to debut an accessories line for Payless at Fashion Week. Well, rejoice, the wait is over. The designer premiered his line of Egyptian-inspired footwear (and some bags) at his show last night, full of spikes, chains, and cone heels. His color choices: Deep brown in matte leather (or probably pleather), patent chocolate, gold triangle heels, and aqua satin featuring a print that resembled hieroglyphics. We're torn — on one hand, we love that these will only cost $25 to $45 when they hit stores this fall. But on the other, we're weary that the footwear looks similar to Rodarte's a couple seasons ago. So you make the call ... would you buy them?
Ny Mag

Yay I can finally get my spikey shoe fix although not rodarte still great.

It's nothing more that a mix of Fendi coates, Miu Miu or Rodarte shoes, etc... :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
He definitely has talent, and he needs to develop them further... These were a bit too raw for me..

He definitely has talent, and he needs to develop them further... These were a bit too raw for me..

Exactly! it reminds me of a continuation of project runway. He definitely needs to change the color palette up a bit...

My problem with the collection is the construction and the fabric. The fabric looks cheap and there seems to be some construction issues in quite a few of the looks so that really makes this collection look very much like a student collection. The color palette also cheapens the entire collection. It's really not a bad collection as far as the actual silhouettes and designs but he still has a lot to learn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->