Chrome Nails

nay-k

Reaction score
How can I get those nails?
I tried several nail polishes but they never look real chrome....
I thought perhaps they just put a sort of metal foil on the nails...

i think those are just for the SALLY HANSEN ADS for their chrome varnish. i dont believe the nails will actually look like this :blink:

thats true. but how did they do the nails for the pic? maybe its metal foil?

I believe L'oreal had nailpolish like that ? :wink:

1.jpg
C2DEE809C2A34995BF5BF686494611A7.jpg

This L'Oreal nail polish is a joke.
I bought the Chrome shine Polish and it looks like all the other polishes.....

i think the picture is made by computer graphics just like any other nail varnish ad. :innocent:

If you asked at a nail salon, they may be able to do something like that.

that ad has obviously been retouched...or the nail's are fake

either one

from my experience, Sally Hansen hits closest when it comes to chrome nails. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the look (I am a little more...dull in my pics, lol), but SH is probably the best if you want the chrome look. Of course, they won't look like the nails in the ad...but they come the closest.

Those nails looks so glam :woot: but they look retouched...if you notice, they all have the same pattern, only that smaller.. :blink:

this is how u do it i think....
1st remove old nail polish. file ur nails and push back ur cuticles.
2nd then apply glue on nails or choose a clear based coat followed by two coats of metallic polish.(use a very shiny top coat to give the nail a great finish)

like u could use sally hansen chrome glue on nails in garnet and chrome nail makeup in garnet chrome

My friend has the Sally Hansen chrome nail thing, it does not work at all.

It's just like any other nail polish but with LOTS of shimmer in it. Nothing near the picture posted...... :unsure:

Originally posted by kimkhuu@Nov 9th, 2003 - 5:49 pm

It's just like any other nail polish but with LOTS of shimmer in it. Nothing near the picture posted...... :unsure:
I didnt really know i just remembered the picture above from one of the teen vogues i have and typed out there directions.

Originally posted by blumarine@Nov 10th, 2003 - 5:32 am
Who wouldn't want this nails?
(or brocade...)
homogenic.jpg
waaaaaaa, i def dont want those nails.... :yuk:

(the brocade i wouldnt mind :wink: )

Originally posted by StellaStarr+Nov 9th, 2003 - 10:47 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(StellaStarr @ Nov 9th, 2003 - 10:47 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-kimkhuu@Nov 9th, 2003 - 5:49 pm

I didnt really know i just remembered the picture above from one of the teen vogues i have and typed out there directions. [/b][/quote]
:wink:

Thanks !

Originally posted by kimkhuu+Nov 10th, 2003 - 3:33 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kimkhuu @ Nov 10th, 2003 - 3:33 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by StellaStarr@Nov 9th, 2003 - 10:47 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-kimkhuu
@Nov 9th, 2003 - 5:49 pm

I didnt really know i just remembered the picture above from one of the teen vogues i have and typed out there directions.
:wink:

Thanks ! [/b][/quote]
yea i hope it works for u even tho no one else has been able to get it to work.

The Sally Hansen Chrome doesnt work nearly as well as advertised. No matter how clean your nails are, and what a great top coat you put on, you'll never get that result.
Sally Hansen does sell fake nails that resemble the ads quite closely, but they look very plastic.

Originally posted by Honey@Nov 13th, 2003 - 8:14 pm
Sally Hansen does sell fake nails that resemble the ads quite closely, but they look very plastic.
That's too bad then!

Does anyone remember back in the early 90's they made nails that were made out of 14 or 18kt gold (usually a pinky nail) and you just stick them on right over your own nail. I believe that is what they did for these ads. Taken a fake nail and chrome plate it. I do nails and have never seen any of those "chrome" polishes ever come out to look like the actual thing. Sorry, thats just advertising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->