Cloak Fall 2004

my friend will be working for cloak and i am rather excited.

i love the breeches... gotta get some soon.

Are the scarves from this collection for sale, or were they just part of the show?

AlexN said:
Are the scarves from this collection for sale, or were they just part of the show?
Okay, nevermind.

I just called to order this jacket, and they were out of my size.:cry:

AlexN said:
Okay, nevermind.

You waited too long, dude :cry: . The scarfs come with one of the dress shirts, as a set.

You know,I never realized how fast this label had become so poplular. I posted this Februrary and hardly nobody knew of them....six months later,alot of people are talking. The power of hype,I suppose. I hope they're careful....

Scott said:
You know,I never realized how fast this label had become so poplular. I posted this Februrary and hardly nobody knew of them....six months later,alot of people are talking. The power of hype,I suppose. I hope they're careful....
No hype on tFS, just careful appreciation :D

hype scott?...
don't you think the clothes are great?
i haven't heard any hype outside of here...but i think that their clothes speak for themselves...and it's translating into sales...

what do you think they need to be careful of exactly?...

Well,in general its really catapulted them as one of NY's finest. All in less than a year.

softgrey said:
hype scott?...
don't you think the clothes are great?
i haven't heard any hype outside of here...but i think that their clothes speak for themselves...and it's translating into sales...

what do you think they need to be careful of exactly?...
yep.

I didn't mean it in that way. I just meant the rise. And yes they're good but the machine of talk is called hype. I hope they're careful of all of it as hype can be really dangerous for somebody to come out of utter obscurity(which they did)then become one of the best indie labels in NY.

Does no one else detect the tiniest hint of kitsch in that Edwardian/Gothic/Romantic look...dare I say that some of it looks the teensiest bit Kaiser Karl?

Scott said:
I didn't mean it in that way. I just meant the rise. And yes they're good but the machine of talk is called hype. I hope they're careful of all of it as hype can be really dangerous for somebody to come out of utter obscurity(which they did)then become one of the best indie labels in NY.

ionly think hype is dangerous if you can't deliver the goods...because then people will lose interest...

but so far, so good...i hope they get better actually...
and get away from some of the more costume-y pieces that prince pointed out...but the facts are that it looks GREAT on the runway..and buyers will simply select other more wearable pieces for the stores...

i'm very happy to see a new, successful menswear collection that isn't just commercial sportswear...and i'm glad they are in ny... :flower:

PrinceOfCats said:
Does no one else detect the tiniest hint of kitsch in that Edwardian/Gothic/Romantic look...dare I say that some of it looks the teensiest bit Kaiser Karl?
Kitsch Killer remains silent, because those pieces did not get to the stores :P

Well,there are alot of designers that still make brilliant collections and they were never talked about again. Case in point: Bruce.

People lose interest because they're often searching for throw-away fashion. Trends,if you will. That's why I say,I hope they're careful of all of the talk because people--here especially--don't have large attention spans for talent and quality.

And I suspect,kitsch killer is the one that reprimanded all of it? :wink:

Scott said:
And I suspect,kitsch killer is the one that reprimanded all of it? :wink:
:lol: No, no, just the cardigan.

BTW, speaking of brands staying obscure - I just saw such a fantastic vest by Wendy & Jim that I can't get it out of my head for a week already.

Anyway, not to take it off topic - I think Cloak is still very far from being hyped up the way As Four or IoC have been. And can a man's brand (except Dior) ever be that hyped up? Hype to me means undeserved attention. At this point, the attention is well deserved. It's too early to sound an alarm. The brand is still very underexposed in the continental Europe (that's why Alex is moving the next show to Paris). It is only in the US and Japan that Cloak is popular. Yea, they had the Vogue award thing, but did many people notice? In any case, we shall see. The prices are still very decent. We'll how it goes this year :flower:

:lol:

I really didn't mean to insinuate they weren't deserving. In fact,they're one of the chosen few who are. But you know the way the media in this industry works---they'll talk of something hip and cool and its rarely genuine.

Which vest would that be? Was it A/W? Loved that collection immensely...their best in fact.

I just found this thread. Cloak has been my favorite brand for the past several seasons. I have WAY too much of their stuff!
Scott said:
I really didn't mean to insinuate they weren't deserving. In fact,they're one of the chosen few who are.
I agree. I was lucky to buy a lot of it and most of my Fall wardrobe this year was tinged with Cloak: that jacket you like in your first post has been my staple jacket all Fall.
attachment.php

Unfortunately they had some problems with fabric deliveries and it ended up not matching the pants I bought for them (I was hoping to wear them together as a funky suit from time to time), but no matter. The design quality was top notch.

AlexN said:
attachment.php

Man, they had a few of them left during the recent sample sale too! That leather jacket were possibly the best item I got from them this past season: it's buttery soft, has TONS of details, and fits so slim, I had to order a size up from my normal Small (I wear a 46 - 48 jacket). It's been my buy of the season. I cannot say enough good things about that leather jacket. It looked nondescript on the racks and I passed it over twice when I gave them my orders, but once I tried it on, it was a definite sale. None of the other jackets seemed necessary at that point...although I DID invest in a couple more. I was going to get their tuxedo as well, but they never produced it and the sample was availabe in my size, but I ended up buying a beautiful black YSL suit at a consignment store. Which, I, uh, have yet to wear.

If you see Cloak's sweaters anywhere, you should consider those as well - they had great knits this past season, and I'm quite happy with them.

^^you definitely need to start posting in the what are you wearing thread...!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->