Cloak Fall 2004

baklanyc said:
Well, I was asking Carlo about you, but he didn't mention you while I was there... were you there yesterday later afternoon? Of course, it DID get pretty busy when I picked up mmy CCPs, so you coulda been coming right as I was leaving... I was wearing the Veronique tweed flares.

And yeah, Scott, I completely agree with your idea. Discounts fer days! :D
I was kidding. Karlo couldn't know, because Faust is obviously not my real name.

Scott, I definitely got a "thank you" from them :D

faust said:
I was kidding. Karlo couldn't know, because Faust is obviously not my real name.

Well, actually he knew who you were, just by description! :smile:

faust said:
:shock: Seriously?
Yup. There are enough descriptions of you hereabouts for even a newbie like me to glean from. That, and how many straight fashionista men with new families can there be? :smile:

Wow...it really must be a haven for you.

Kind of like Louis...I made friends there :lol:

baklanyc said:
Yup. There are enough descriptions of you hereabouts for even a newbie like me to glean from. That, and how many straight fashionista men with new families can there be? :smile:
:lol: Ok, Mr. Sherlock Holmes.

Scott said:
Wow...it really must be a haven for you.

Kind of like Louis...I made friends there :lol:
Oh, shuddup, I miss Antwerp enough without this!!! :lol:

But you see,you aren't alone in that....

kLm said:
I'm going to be in SE Asia and Japan for about a month soon, and I'm not even sure if I should bother looking for stuff, because I've been told that no one will even stock my sizes.

i'm a girl...but i've heard the same sort of stuff about sizing in asia...we've discussed it here before...

i have a friend who is japanese...and she always buys european brands because japanese sizing is so small it's hard for her to find anything that fits her...she is MAYBE a size 6-8 american... :shock:

softgrey said:
i'm a girl...but i've heard the same sort of stuff about sizing in asia...we've discussed it here before...

i have a friend who is japanese...and she always buys european brands because japanese sizing is so small it's hard for her to find anything that fits her...she is MAYBE a size 6-8 american... :shock:
Well, I don't want to totally hijack the thread, but that's the impression I get. I definitely take a 52/54 (Italian) and a 34-36 waist x 34 leg, and even if I lost 30 more pounds I still would take those sizes (and look very malnourished), because of my height. I'm going to be in Manila, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Thailand, and I think I'll just go to Sam the Tailor's in Hong Kong for a few suits. I'll be on my honeymoon, so I won't drag my fiancee all over the place looking for stuff in my size--I think I'll look more for interesting stuff in the markets.

Anyway, the thread is a little hijacked anyway because I don't think anyone knows what Scott and Faust are talking about :smile:

And speaking of werewithal, baklanyc, I'm not sure I can keep up with you guys anymore... although they will soon have another client at Atelier who is straight with a family! :> (And the same age as Faust, but a few months older..) But, I've got no kids yet, but who knows..

So, has anyone had a suit custom-made by Cloak? Or know anyone who has? I'm going in for my initial sizing in a few weeks...

kLm said:
And speaking of werewithal, baklanyc, I'm not sure I can keep up with you guys anymore... although they will soon have another client at Atelier who is straight with a family! :> (And the same age as Faust, but a few months older..) But, I've got no kids yet, but who knows..

So, has anyone had a suit custom-made by Cloak? Or know anyone who has? I'm going in for my initial sizing in a few weeks...

I only bought one thing from Atelier all year, so don't count me as some big spender! I just happened to get a really lucky with some recent purchases, Cloak among them.

Alexandre found a tailoring resource in New York that is supposed to be completely astounding and historically reputable, so you'll have to tell us about the suit! (Un)Fortunately for me I don't really need to wear a suit on any basis because of my work, and when I do go out to functions, they're usually fashion-related, so the more mixed-up the outfit, the better! One question, kLm: is the suit for your wedding? If so, I like that you went with Cloak, as opposed to Thome Browne or say, Duncan Quinn.

Indeed, it is for my wedding. I can't help but think that I'll get something more unique and interesting than I'd find somewhere else. I like Duncan Quinn, but I'm just looking for something even more different. It is complicated though because it still needs to be pretty classy and not too 'interesting'--it is my wedding, after all. At any rate, I'm excited to go in and see what they have to offer. I'm not sure what their process is going to be like--how much input I'll have, etc.

Do you think I'm taking a risk going with them vs. someone who is more known for their bespoke suits?

I don't have to wear suits very often either, although I do enjoy wearing them. I'd be very overdressed if I wore one to work.

kLm said:
Indeed, it is for my wedding. I can't help but think that I'll get something more unique and interesting than I'd find somewhere else. I like Duncan Quinn, but I'm just looking for something even more different. It is complicated though because it still needs to be pretty classy and not too 'interesting'--it is my wedding, after all. At any rate, I'm excited to go in and see what they have to offer. I'm not sure what their process is going to be like--how much input I'll have, etc.

Do you think I'm taking a risk going with them vs. someone who is more known for their bespoke suits?

I don't have to wear suits very often either, although I do enjoy wearing them. I'd be very overdressed if I wore one to work.
I think it's a grand idea to get a hot label of the moment to do your wedding garb, especially since you don't want to look like just another man in a suit. Personally, I like the image of Duncan Quinn versus the suits themselves. I've seen them on Mr.Quinn himself many times, who is quite a lovely person, but the suits left me less than enamored.

I wanted Cloak's tuxedo last Fall but realized that I was already getting my fill of the design from the denim blazer version of it (and my wallet wouldn't stretch any further than it had, even if it were made of lycra!). But I recall loving the entire tux - mayhap Alexandre might profer something in that direction? With the fun satin shoulder tips and interior-of-the-leg satin strips? :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
kLm said:

Cool! Moving to NYC?

Keep us posted about the suit - sounds interesting.

have any of you who have seen this know what the regular price was?

EdK said:
have any of you who have seen this know what the regular price was?
I _believe_ it was $595. And if you dig, I'd bet you could find one in some of the retailers on the Cloak site that aren't in a hotspot--like Pittsburgh, say. The olive one is in stock, all sizes, at Louis Boston. None in this color, though.

RE: Faust--No, not moving to NYC. I was just referring to baklanyc's comment about them having only one straight married w/kids customer, and I meant that another of their customers would soon be married (w/o kids). I'm a Bostonian, through and through, although I've considered moving to NY--but my job here is too great right now. If I was moving in the States I might move to somewhere like Santa Fe, just for an entirely different atmosphere (and better weather). If I could move anywhere, though, it would be Paris, for sure. Not because of fashion, just because I love Paris. Or Vienna, that would be my second choice. Thread hijacking again..!

when did you last go to louis boston? they said they dont have it anymore. I just called the MODA store in pittsburgh also, they said it was 1,200 something dollars which doesnt make sense.. thats way too expensive for cloak.

EdK said:
when did you last go to louis boston? they said they dont have it anymore. I just called the MODA store in pittsburgh also, they said it was 1,200 something dollars which doesnt make sense.. thats way too expensive for cloak.
When I was in there two nights ago, they had at least four of these in stock (not in the color you posted, but they also did have a suit in pinstriping:(

00022.L.JPG

Moda must be quoting you a price on an entire suit--jacket, vest, pants. That set is retailing for either $1195 or $1295; if you just want the blazer, you should ask if they have it for sale separately.

when the guy told me the price, "i wa slike uuuum are you sure? thats kidna expensive for just a blazer from cloak. i heard this jacket was like 600 reg price" then he says "the person who told you that obviously doesnt know what hes tlaking about, cloak is a very expensive brand" pretty funny....

EdK said:
when the guy told me the price, "i wa slike uuuum are you sure? thats kidna expensive for just a blazer from cloak. i heard this jacket was like 600 reg price" then he says "the person who told you that obviously doesnt know what hes tlaking about, cloak is a very expensive brand" pretty funny....
Typical of a periphery store. Because they have no competition, they think they own the world. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->