Clothing/Footwear You Love But Cannot Wear...

Monkiwrensh

Reaction score
Sorry guys if there is already a post on this - I'm new been signed up for a while but only starting to take advantage of the site.

I'm wondering what you feel does not suit you and why? I feel great style is when people understand exactly what works for them and this includes what does not look right on the individual also.

Skinny jeans do not suit me at all (I'm a guy by the way) because of my short legs in comparison to my long torso.
Plus mens shirts funny as it seems. Mens shirts even in a S, or even XS drown me and I'm not even that small, they just look like tents. I often try and find women's shirts that don't look too much like blouses which will fit me better. The only mens shirt that seems to fit me properly are Miu Miu?!?!?

bohemian and frilly stuff don't suit me at all. For some reason romanitic blouses makes me feel and look "old".

Prints can drown me..

-The colour yellow - it makes my skin look vomit-green :sick:

-Bright coloured stockings - I need slimming, dark colours on them.

-Small, petite heels without edge - I'm so tall and big-footed, I need edgier heels alá MK.

Don't do brown, beige, fawn etc
Don't do baggy trousers
Don't do anything that shows (non-existant) cleavage, nor do I wear anything with really high neck
Don't do really frilly, pretty girly stuff

Ivy, I dont think your alone with yellow - I dont think it flatters many people, or at least I dont think I've seen many people pull it off well.
I'm really sick of mens tailoring... I cannot just buy a ready to wear suit which is really annoying when I just need something quickly and cheaply!!

I don't do:
-Skinny Jeans
-Make-up
-neon colors
-turtle necks
-overdressing

Me.

I dont do colors, its hard for me to go back to wearing color again.

that's about it, I'll try anything else, as long as its black.

Things I don't do,

1. Baggy Jeans
2. Tee's with suggestive slogans
3. Bright colors
4. Turtle Necks
5. Thick Sweaters

Oh yeah I also don't do make up. Off topic, but I must say Ale does amazing work with make up. Looks exactly like photos you see in editorials.

-Stripes on my short legs (but I've been known to break the rules for cutesy socks)
-Bikini tops (too much chest and too much gut, but I'm working on the gut thing. Still, why do stores around here still not believe that people can be bigger than a B cup! *laments*)
-Eyeliner (I just don't think I need it. Besides, my eyes are dark to begin with)
-High top sneakers (I'm short, at least let me have my ankles)
-Leggings (wrong body type)
-Pretty much half of the summer tops I've been seeing, since they keep having that same dumb line under where the boobs supposedly are. *laments some more and glares at her D/DD's*

Last edited by a moderator:
- anything yellow (makes me look dead)
- baggy clothes (looks awful on my skinny figure)
- t-shirts (i look like 12)
- anything sporty (ditto)

yellow (being Asian, I feel like a bumblebee)
orange (same reason except change bumblebee to Halloween pumpkin)
99.9% of t-shirts with words
baggy pants
big chunky shoes. (my feet look sad in them)

i have wide hips, and other than that i am skinny... so,i try to wear layers up, and simple skirts down, or dresses with lace and stuff.
i cannot wear tight dresses, cos they bright out how my hips are larger than my upper parts... and i have small boobs, so another reason for me to wear petit jackets oversized, and 2 tops, like in layers

beige, cos i look like a ghost...

and anything that makes tour legs look longer, cos mine are really too long. and with very high heels i look like some giant...

also, sports clothes... it is not for my j.lo ****... it is for athletic girl, with nice upper body

Last edited by a moderator:
Beige, camel, khaki, etc.
Unlike all of you I can actually wear yellow; surprising because I am very pale. Yellow a la lemon pie looks nice.
Heels that are under three inches
Most prints
Really bright colors

red and high-waisted jeans dont look good on me at all:sick:

Most shades of pink...:doh::ninja: some shades of yellow. I'm too fair skinned.

that's funny..alot of people said they cant wear yellow, but i actually look rather nice in yellow

i can not and cant stand pastel colors. it just looks wrong on me. i can do very strong, opaque colors
i cant do any glasses that are round on the bottom
i cant do sleeve less shirts/dresses

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->