Color Contact Lenses

Sorry, guys, but I think that they look a bit trashy. Okay if you're in high school or going to some cheesy clubs, but not very cute otherwise. I would never judge anyone based on their wearing these things, it's just my opinion. I did think they were cool when they came out in, like, 1987.

well, im korean.. and i have color contacts.. i used to wear honey ..but i switched to blue after i redyed my hair to a darker brown.. i have blue, gray and green at my house ..its VERY subtle...i have the one by Freshlook ColorBLENDS..its blended w/ other colors making it look very natural. ..it looks even better if you have pretty eyes.. asian people either have REALLY beutiful (beautiful meaning REALLY beautiful) eyes or dull-looking eyes (the ones w/out creases)

korea has these things called CIRCLE LENSES (i think Japan does too..not sure about other countries)...it makes your eyes look bigger.. ive seen ALOT of stars wear them.. not quite the same as just color contacts though.

Bumping this thread up...I am also considering getting colored contacts...I recently had laser eye surgery and now can use colored contacts. I could not use it before b/c they didn't make the prescription on the lenses that high on color contacts :( anyway...now that i can i want to try it...

i am white with medium brown hair with sublte highlights and brown eyes...any suggestions?

any pictures of before and after would be very helpful...!

I think it really depends on your look.. I can't say really because I don't know how you look.. but I mean.. look at Paris hilton.. isn't she naturally brunette with brown eyes.. I might get stoned for saying this.. but I think she looks great as a blue eyed blonde.. generic? yes... but good nonetheless.

And on the previous topic.. some asians can pull off the color contacts.. but most cant.. and its weird if someone asks you "is that your real eye color?".. and you say.. "no..."... i don't know.. I just dislike things that aren't genuine I guess... or don't look like it... I think hazel, brown would work great though.

not everyone can get them some people cant wear them I wouldnt risk buying over the counter i wouldnt risk any thing with my eyes. It recomended you go to your optition first,to consult them.
I really want some but i hate puting things in my eye :sick: its so ew

I knew this girl in high school, she was from India and wore bright blue contacts...in my opinion it just looked out of place!! After a few years when she went back to her natural colour, it seemed like it was even more beautiful than before she got contacts.

I think that you can spot colored contacts from a mile away because they look so fake. That is just my opinion.

I would want to get violet contact lenses. I think black hair and violet eyes are a great combo. Just not too startling a shade of violet.

I think, that if someone is to wear contacts, they should emphasize the natural colour...so if you have blue eyes, I would still stick with blue, only with a different shade (deeper or brighter)

That's the thing with contacts...It looks natural with some people and so fake with others...I am sure there is a secret to this :smile: For example, colorblends vs the enhancers...Hmm, I will just have to go to the optician and check it out...I was hoping to see some before and after pictures of people who use color contacts from tFS....

Trust me...you were born with your eye color for a reason. Natural eye color always looks best.

Just stick to your normal eye color and go up a shade. Brown to blue is too obvious. That's just an example of course. Grey is indeed a nice color.

I've only worn honey/brown contacts before.

why??? why why why? plaeeese don't bother with colored contacts. no matter what they look FAKE and creepy.

this, of course is coming from someone with blue-green-gold eyes...:innocent:

morgan38 said:
Trust me...you were born with your eye color for a reason. Natural eye color always looks best.

Yup I totally agree !!! :flower:

ooh color contacts.. fun fun :smile:
im asian and i used to wear color contacts.. (not all the time, but when i "felt" like changing things a bit.. you know )
blue looked horrible on me, green was alright, i liked grey but my parents hated it (they called it "fish eyes" :o), my parents loved purple but i didnt like it too much.

i highly recommend dark purple...
dark purple is actually very subtle and its hardly noticeable. its actually a nice color if you want color in a subtle way. of course it depends on the kind of lenses you get (be sure to try on as many as you can before buying) but usually purple looks nice on asian.

grey is nice too but its not for everyone.

ive never tried this on, but i found that navy blue looks really cute on asians.. esp if you have the right skin tone... i dont think many companies make navy/dark blue though..

so definitely try purple, grey, and navy...

these are the "circle lenses" Banila B mentioned...
i used to wear them too mine was similar to Circle II :smile:

I think she looks great as a blue eyed blonde.. generic? yes... but good nonetheless.

Damn my "generic" genetics :P

Anyway, I had (green) colored contacts in high school (about 10 years ago). I think it was trendy at the time because I seem to remember a lot of my friends having them. I don't see anything wrong with colored contacts. I see it as just another way to alter your "look." People color their hair - and it doesn't always have to look natural to look good - so why not their eyes? As long as you get the contacts from an ophthalmologist (generic "OTC" contacts can seriously damage your eyes) I say go for it :flower:

You can spot contact lens from miles away .. all the expression from your eyes get cut out

i guess its ok in club, dim lighting etc .. the ring kind look pretty cool actually .. but i dont know where to get thm

.. i have balck eyes .. im Indian .. completely coloured on me wd look soooo FAKE

Last edited by a moderator:
Color contact.. It's not a new things. But I don't like it as It's strange if Asia people have a red or blue eye. But If wear it for party only, it's acceptable.

cloud9 said:
ooh color contacts.. fun fun :smile:
im asian and i used to wear color contacts.. (not all the time, but when i "felt" like changing things a bit.. you know )
blue looked horrible on me, green was alright, i liked grey but my parents hated it (they called it "fish eyes" :o), my parents loved purple but i didnt like it too much.

i highly recommend dark purple...
dark purple is actually very subtle and its hardly noticeable. its actually a nice color if you want color in a subtle way. of course it depends on the kind of lenses you get (be sure to try on as many as you can before buying) but usually purple looks nice on asian.

grey is nice too but its not for everyone.

ive never tried this on, but i found that navy blue looks really cute on asians.. esp if you have the right skin tone... i dont think many companies make navy/dark blue though..

so definitely try purple, grey, and navy...

http://javascript<b></b>:;

these are the "circle lenses" Banila B mentioned...
i used to wear them too mine was similar to Circle II :smile:

go figure...

Miss_A said:
I knew this girl in high school, she was from India and wore bright blue contacts...in my opinion it just looked out of place!! After a few years when she went back to her natural colour, it seemed like it was even more beautiful than before she got contacts.

I've actual seen some people of Indian descent with grey/ blue eyes naturally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->