Consuelo Castiglioni Leaving Marni, Francesco Risso Named Creative Director

Benn98

Reaction score
Consuelo Castiglioni is Leaving Marni
OTB took full control of the fashion brand in 2015.

By Luisa Zargani on October 21, 2016

MILAN — Consuelo Castiglioni has decided to leave the company she founded with her husband Gianni, WWD has learned.

OTB, which owns the Maison Margiela and Viktor & Rolf brand among others, took control full control of Marni in 2015.

Not much with this confirmation, but I'm sure updates will follow in due course.....

Source: http://wwd.com/business-news/human-resources/artistic-director-consuelo-castiglioni-leaves-marni-10680931/

This is incredibly sad news.

She's one of the best designers out there and Marni is a super cool brand... wondering what's next for her and Marni now. Another brand ruined?

BoF Exclusive Marni Names Francesco Risso Creative Director
BoF can exclusively reveal that Marni has appointed Francesco Risso as its new creative director, as founder Consuelo Castiglioni steps down.

Why would she leave her own brand? Did they kick her out? So dumb

Right when Marni was heating up she goes and leaves, what a shame. But the reality is that she could probably care less. It's not her baby anymore.

It's a disaster....
Didn't she had a Studio Director or something like that?
I really don't like the idea of having someone outside of the company doing the RTW.
It's so sad that all of the designers of the Diesel group are no longer involved with their brands. It's devastating.

Pilati could have been great for the job...

Bummer! Loved this brand and everything it stood for under her.

This is what happens when the corporate world tries to take over a creative industry. Sad :neutral:

"The time has now come to dedicate myself to my private life"

So she's basically retiring from fashion? I hope she's not ill or something...

Last edited by a moderator:
Her last collection was one of the best all month. This is heartbreaking.

I somehow understand her decision. Have you seen the collaboration with Zalando? I don't think she wanted her brand to be so visible.

Still it'll be really weird to see Marni without its original soul.

I've read Consuelo and Renzo Rosso wanted Francesco Risso. I don't think they've kicked her out, Renzo Rosso is the same person who appointed Galliano for Margiela. He takes risks...

She wasn't fired, she decided to leave. OTB only acquired 100% of the brand last year so, her exit was thoughtfully prepared.

It's sad to see her leave because she was still a needed voice in fashion. She was always innovative and exciting.

I'm much more reassured by the fact that she choosed Francesco Risso.

We can sometimes criticize executives but i think Renzo Rosso proved that he cares about his brands and the designers. Unlike Prada, LVMH or Kering, we never heard of messy situations or designers not being totally in control over their work.

there seems to be more to this story

Lucinda Chambers On Marni's New Era

By Lucinda Chambers
Friday 21 October 2016

As Consuelo Castiglioni steps down as creative director at Marni and Francesco Rissi is appointed as her replacement, long-term creative collaborator of the brand Lucinda Chambers, who helped to establish the fashion house with Consuelo and her husband Gianni in 1994, reflects on what has made the brand so special and what the future now looks like.

Marni is and always has been about collaboration, whether that has been with artists or collaborators who are artists, it is at the heart of the world of Marni.

It’s been an incredible privilege to see something really grow from nothing into something that’s recognised all over the world. We were learning as we went along at the start and it was very organic and full of passion. We worked incredibly hard on it, but nothing was ever strategic – everything was done from the heart, and people really got that. We continue to do that.

I think that’s very special to have in a company – no one there is doing it because they want to sell hundreds of pairs of the same trousers. We have always been passionate about colour and print and texture and everything – I’m sure that will remain.

I think when someone has decided to leave, in their head, they have decided to leave a long time ago, I usually find that’s the way. For the last few years Consuelo has been a grandmother and adores her grandchildren, so it is completely understandable. She always wanted to spend time with them and she was very torn, so it will work out for her this way.

The inclusive spirit is a benchmark of the brand and the people who have created that are still there, so it will be an interesting and exciting time to go forward to have a fresh face, who will no doubt immerse himself in the world of Marni.

Molly Molloy, the design director of womenswear, and the team have been incredibly influential in the last few years and what is wonderful is that the brand just seems to get stronger and stronger. When I visit Marni, which is a lot, I am always amazed to see that they have seen every film, every exhibition, every boxset, and they’ve read every book. The whole team are like sponges and are very, very talented. They come from all over the world which makes them very global in their sensibility. The way that they soak up culture is reflected in the brand in a way that I’ve never come across before. It will be interesting to have Francesco on board as he is Italian, so it’s the first time we’ve had that influence. Also to see how a man, and a young man, sees Marni will be interesting as it’s been so female based.

The owner, Renzo Russo, is very supportive of the creative mind and under him we have advertised with artists, which is really unusual. We never advertised before and when he came in he was very open to the suggestion that we would work with artists that didn’t have a fashion background. That was incredibly brave. Let’s hope we continue to make exciting new decisions.

Change is always interesting, whether for the good or the worse. In a funny way, you have to be open to change, otherwise something withers and dies.

vogue.co.uk

I've just read that the whole Castiglioni family is leaving Marni.

Newsflash. There are things that matter more than fashion.

Lol.

Congrats to her. I hope she got a good price for the company and will be able to relax and live comfortably.

Newsflash. There are things that matter more than fashion.

Lol.

Congrats to her. I hope she got a good price for the company and will be able to relax and live comfortably.

^ I don't understand, this is a fashion forum so people are obviously going to discuss it. :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Millam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->