Cosmopolitan - Worldwide

Awful! BTW, the guy got it wrong, he ain't the first non-female cover star of UK Cosmo - Vernon Kay already appeared on the cover a few times before.

Awful! BTW, the guy got it wrong, he ain't the first non-female cover star of UK Cosmo - Vernon Kay already appeared on the cover a few times before.

Ah, I see he covered with Tess Daly.

Cosmopolitan USA's February 2020 cover star is an 18 year-old Youtuber/influencer.

Yes - Emma is the cover. Picked it up this morning, but don't have it with me to post.

Well, I suppose she's one of the few Youtubers who didn't get embroiled in drama last year, lol.....to my knowledge!

I've just saw it on Ebay, it's one unfortunate cover.

BTW, it seems bloggers are the new go-to girls for Cosmo. Here's a local influencer on Cosmo Serbia's December issue - must say it was quite good looking. Huda Kattan is on the January cover too.

(cosmopolitan.rs)

And Cosmo UK February is Vanessa Hugdens - they now look exactly like the US edition.

(cosmopolitan.co.uk)

US Cosmopolitan February 2020 : Emma Chamberlain
Photographed by Eric Ray Davidson
Styled by Aya Kanai
Hair: Kristin Ess
Makeup: Kelsey Deenihan

cosmopolitan.com

I'm confused with the masthead, why that colour choice? Seems odd because it doesn't match.
The palm trees in the backdrop just looks like two random bog brushes. Odd cover! And the main edit is proof that US Cosmo's demographic must be teen girls.

“curated pier- cings”

Emma’s appeal, originally, was unfiltered honesty, an innovative editing style, and willingness to display herself in ways that would traditionally be seen as unflattering. She endeared herself to fans by not hiding Her acne, belching loudly, dressing for comfort over style, etc. it may not be everyone’s cup of tea but at least it felt new or avant-garde in the increasingly filtered teen influencer market. But now I’m not sure what she has to offer. Filtered. Professionally made-up and styled, hawking Vuitton, Her merch ($25 mugs, $60 coffee), Target, etc. and mocking anyone who dares suggest she has changed. She’s undoing her own marketing power, in my opinion. I mean, I can’t fault her for wanting to cash in but it does seem short-sighted and I’m guessing the scandals and cancelation attempts will begin shortly.

Can’t wait to see what disastrous LV outfit she wears to the Met Gala this spring.

Goodness. She’s unrecognizable.

The makeup is terrible.

Art direction is terrible. First thing I saw was a “curated pier” and I was confused. Then I realized it was “curated piercings,” which confused me even more.

UK Cosmo March 2020 is Lena Dunham shot by Matthew Eades.

Never in all my decades of dreaming about covers did I foresee a future in which I would look better than the people currently appearing on the front of magazines. THIS IS NOT THE WAY THE WORLD IS SUPPOSED TO WORK.

I mean chances are you're a much better person too. Lena Dunham is near top-tier garbage human being.

Lena Dunham or Camryn Manheim (circa The Practice)?

That cover is too much of everything! Curls, ruffles, denim, pink......

that issue with Lena Dunham on the cover will come in handy when i run out of toilet paper, i always keep my Cosmos in the bathroom

US Cosmo's March 2020 cover girl might be Dua Lipa.

US Cosmo March 2020 seems to be Lucy Hale. At least the bright colours are eye-catching:

How can US Cosmo say their readers haven't been paying attention to Lucy Hale when they've given her covers in the past? LOL.

Anyway, the gaudy colours give me a headache but I like the knitted bottom. Would have been better styled with a more vintage hipster vibe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"