Cover Rumor Thread

I don’t really care for Beyoncé really, her last covers haven’t even been images I can get behind when you disregard your interest in the subject, but I do appreciate that she’s leveraged her power to push forward someone’s career that way.

I understand why Vogue champions the same photographers in rotation but they should be doing more to support more up and coming photographers. If you think of all the work that goes into / went into supporting up and coming designers and models, it does feel like the behind the camera teams have had a rough deal. They rarely champion a new photographer, stylist or make up artist.

I suppose the one good thing to come out of Testino’s fall is that it’s opened up the field to so many other players.

Congratulations to Tyler, but Beyoncé could've used her power to find a better black photographer. There's nothing about Tyler that stands out to me and I don't see how his photography fits into US Vogue, he's more of a Dazed, i-D type of photographer.

Congratulations to Tyler, but Beyoncé could've used her power to find a better black photographer. There's nothing about Tyler that stands out to me and I don't see how his photography fits into US Vogue, he's more of a Dazed, i-D type of photographer.

Thank you!! This is exactly how I’m feeling we dont know what to expect couldn’t she have found someone with more experience?

Bored by Beyonce lately and never heard of Tyler Mitchell before, BUT I'm very looking forward to see this!

I'm so tired of white (male and female) photographers who get unnecessary recognition and big fashion jobs from shooting African-American and African community, and magazines/brands be like "oh wooow, female gazzzeeee !!! "

So here for Beyonce exercising her power for someone else’s benefit. When she got her last Sept cover and I heard how much control Wintour gave up to have her, I rolled my eyes. However this time i am all for it, even if his work is hardly impressive, so far.

The hoopla over the photographer being black seems pretty racist to me. An experience photographer who can shoot effectively is good enough for me.

The hoopla over the photographer being black seems pretty racist to me. An experience photographer who can shoot effectively is good enough for me.
Wow :ninja: It shouldn’t be a big deal, so in a sense I get where you’re coming from. But it’s very obvious that we don’t live in a perfect world, so of course it’s a big deal!

Right.....because the first black photographer to shoot an American Vogue cover in 126 years isn't a big deal.
It really isn't. If it was right during the mid-late 1900s? Yeah it would have, but nowadays its pointless. Everyone has ability become anything really. Personally I'd focus on him and his work, not his skin color because to me to focus on his skin color is disrespectful to him and his work. Because his personality and most importantly what he brings to the table with his work is what counts. Regardless, all I'm excited for is that they are choosing someone fresh to shoot the editorial and that is also what counts.

It really isn't. If it was right during the mid-late 1900s? Yeah it would have, but nowadays its pointless. Everyone has ability become anything really. Personally I'd focus on him and his work, not his skin color because to me to focus on his skin color is disrespectful to him and his work. Because his personality and most importantly what he brings to the table with his work is what counts. Regardless, all I'm excited for is that they are choosing someone fresh to shoot the editorial and that is also what counts.

Your comments are completely tone deaf and nonsensical.

There is definitely some truth in this and if it weren't for the fact that black fashion photographers were so criminally underrepresented, I would wholeheartedly agree with you. But the reality of the situation is that there isn't even one black fashion photographer shooting big covers elsewhere, let alone US Vogue. So it is an accomplishment and it deserve the fanfares.

My only gripe with this speculated landmark moment is that they've not selected the right person for this. I've been looking up his photography and the style leaves me cold. Besides, he's shockingly young for such a grounbreaking achievement. There had to have been someone else for this. Let him cut his teeth inside the mag and give the spot to someone more worthy.

Just saw the multi cover preview for British Harper's, and one of them is Christina Aguilera by Sorrenti, styled by Carine!!!!

I imagine she'll get the US cover. Really is the battle of the pop queens this September!

I didn't even think of US Bazaar when I read the list of names in the Carine editorial. However, knowing the magazine's killer instinct for the wrong cover shot, it'll probably end up being Mariah Carey instead.

I didn't even think of US Bazaar when I read the list of names in the Carine editorial. However, knowing the magazine's killer instinct for the wrong cover shot, it'll probably end up being Mariah Carey instead.

No, please! Or even worse, Paris Jackson! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minidee
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->