Cover Rumor Thread

I saw it on diarydirectory.com, a news snippet about the promotion of Felicity Kay to fashion editor.

Elle.png

Cardi is responding for a possible crime. I wanna see how HB or any further fashion mag will portrait her now.

I hope HB will scrap this cover after all the latest news.

If Cardi B does get the cover of HB, would that make her the second female Hip Hop artist to grace their cover? Lauryn Hill is the only other one i can recall.

For Nicki, who has booked American Elle, Marie Claire, the independents and a couple foreign covers, I could imagine it feeling like a huge slight, especially considering her role in further bringing hip hop and rap back into the mainstream in the past decade. They'll give Selena Gomez, someone who literally dislikes being famous, multiple covers and Nicki gets nada? Nicki always talks about her huge respect for the fashion industry, and she definitely influences what young people wear today, so i just don't see why they wouldn't put her on the cover? Is it because she doesn't have a big brand/advertiser backing her?

If Cardi B does get the cover of HB, would that make her the second female Hip Hop artist to grace their cover? Lauryn Hill is the only other one i can recall.

For Nicki, who has booked American Elle, Marie Claire, the independents and a couple foreign covers, I could imagine it feeling like a huge slight, especially considering her role in further bringing hip hop and rap back into the mainstream in the past decade. They'll give Selena Gomez, someone who literally dislikes being famous, multiple covers and Nicki gets nada? Nicki always talks about her huge respect for the fashion industry, and she definitely influences what young people wear today, so i just don't see why they wouldn't put her on the cover? Is it because she doesn't have a big brand/advertiser backing her?

My momma always said if you want a boy to like you don’t chase him. I think this is Nicki’s problem. Much like Celine Dion, she tries way too hard to get into the good graces of fashion people and that always comes off as a little desperate. She wants so much to be “in” it’s too obvious.

My momma always said if you want a boy to like you don’t chase him. I think this is Nicki’s problem. Much like Celine Dion, she tries way too hard to get into the good graces of fashion people and that always comes off as a little desperate. She wants so much to be “in” it’s too obvious.
I totally agree! To add, “confidence is key” but Nicki seems extremely arrogant and it’s just not cool to be that way anymore. She’s 10 years late and she’s also a sellout lol

Vogue Japan December is Kaia Gerber by L&I.

I'm unashamed to confess that I am very much looking forward to this (especially considering the naff Elle Fanning cover for November). I just hope Luigi & Iango have done their signature Bardot glam on Kaia Gerber for the cover shoot, and we get something ultra-gorgeous. :heart:

Town & Country November 2018 is Ralph Lauren and his wife Ricky Lauren on the cover if anyone interested. The editorial featured their whole family photographed by Pamela Hanson

More of a theory but since it’s heen announced that Gaga & Serena Williams are the next met gala co hosts does this mean one of them will get the June cover of American Vogue?

Ugh, why though. Both are overexposed and I can do without either. Michele should throw his weight around and get Lana Del Rey on that cover. She's way overdue.

The very teensy bit of redeeming feature with Vogue's current cover is that it features a new face. Claire Foy had to have a film to promote in order to book it. Vogue still seems stuck in 2005 when tv actresses were considered low-brow yet they want to appeal to series obsessed millennials.

The very teensy bit of redeeming feature with Vogue's current cover is that it features a new face. Claire Foy had to have a film to promote in order to book it. Vogue still seems stuck in 2005 when tv actresses were considered low-brow yet they want to appeal to series obsessed millennials.

But she's British. That coupled with Emily Blunt's cover next month means that not a single American actress will have fronted the magazine this year. Lupita is African, Alicia is Swedish, Saoirse is Irish. Lady Gaga doesn't count since she's a singer-actress.

It's embarrassing and doesn't make up for the fact this this is a new face - there are so many more deserving American actresses that could've been on the cover this month. Especially since this cover is virtually a repeat from Rooney's 1st cover - same drab gray background, same short hair cut, same movie character. My goodness. This Novermber cover is trash, there's no other way to describe it.

If Anna is still so in love with British actresses and this idea of 'exclusivity', even in this new media landscape where Conde Nast is struggling significantly financially, that she's willing to book a cover that's going to bomb (which this will) in 2018 just because she can, she has no business editing this magazine, she should retire or edit UK Vogue instead.

The worse thing that could've happened to US Vogue was the announcement that Anna was staying on earlier this year.

Ugh, why though. Both are overexposed and I can do without either. Michele should throw his weight around and get Lana Del Rey on that cover. She's way overdue.

Yes Lana definitely deserves one!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->