Crocs

colby24

Reaction score
I work a very physical job in catering so I bought these foam clog shoes called Crocs. I got them in navy but there are a zillion other colors. They are amazing. I even prefer to wear them over the house instead of my UGGS bedroom slippers. Anyone else like crocs? See www. crocs.com

This trend is really taking off so which is why i've moved this to trend spotting. Crocs is a canadian company (I believe) and not only are they EVERYWHERE in canada (and i think the states as well? though someone correct me if i'm wrong) they are now expanding into the UK with a LOT more distrubutors this season (including Harrods among others). This isn't so much a 'stylish' trend but it's definately on the streets.

They are supposedly huge over here as well, but I can't recall seeing anyone wearing them... :unsure:

I suppose people don't wear them in public. :wink:

Well I see them everywhere it's so bad. I mean if you wear them for your job fine, or at home fine. But out in public....gross! I see little girls wearing them all the time with like cute little skirts, or teens wearing a decent outfit and then you look down and there is this bright orange pair of Crocs. I have to admit that they are comfy, but just not for wearing out in public.

i hate crocs with a passion! i used to work across from a store that sold them so i was forced to stare at a giant wall of crocs all day.

They look cute on some kids...but anyone over the age of five...
No, just no :ninja: Especially the ones with laces! :doh:

I have yet to see a well-dressed person here wearing them :ninja: Some of you know that I'm involved in (dog) breed rescue, and they are very popular with that set :innocent:

can some one please enlighten me and post i picture ?? .. i think i know what they are but im not 100 % sure :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
they don't even look comfortable :huh:

but I guess they're good for PRACTICAL purposes (gardening, etc.)

tiamaria said:
can some one please enlighten me and post i picture ?? .. i think i know what they are but im not 100 % sure :flower:
Their website describes this style as "youthful and funky" ... this is the style favored by middle-aged women here :innocent:

EDIT - Missing picture credits

Last edited by a moderator:
People here wear them all the time. I guess in general Hawaii is a casual place and lots of people spend a lot of time outdoors so then they'd be appropriate. I prefer slippers (flip flops) for mess outdoor-type footwear. I just think they look ugly. Like Dutch wooden shoes except they aren't wooden. It's like a tupperware shoe. Not tasteful but practical.

They are popular in Singapore too, you can see a lot of people wear them.
They are suppose to be comfy but I don't really see myself in them.

My friend had to have a pair back in the winter and I thought he was crazy! I dont find them attractive at all. But then I tried them on and I have to say they are pretty comfy. I see them everywhere now so I suppose people really like them...

I've honestly never seen anyone other than health care professionals wearing these.

Blech. Work and stuff, that's fine. Cause you need to be comfortable when you're on your feet, but for some reason, every tourist in this city wears these out. I really don't understand why. They're pretty much hideous.

I have a pair that I don't wear too often, but I actually don't mind how they look if worn correctly. I have a taupe/sand color so it's not in your face neon, and they look fine with a casual pair of jeans, though I personally don't use them for everyday wear.

On the other hand, they've come out with ballerina flats and i actually think they're kinda cute:
resize

credit: bizrate.com

or see here: http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?b=0&ID=71036&CategoryID=1569&t1=Accessories&t2=Flats&cm_mmc=Froogle-_-SHP-_-Flats-_-Crocs%20%22Prima%20Ballet%22%20Slip%20On

I have to confess - I wear them pretty often. I got a pair about 6 months ago and didn't plan to wear them all the time but it's hard not to... they are so damn comfortable!

omg i love the flats! they are pretty cute..i wanted a pair of the originals, but there not really practical. but ill deff be buying either pink or green flats!:wink:

I wore Birki Pacifics for a while, but they stopped making them in regular (wide) width and they only come in medium (narrow) width now--I wore them soley because of comfort, and my last pair got stolen at a men's gathering (pseudo-camping in cabins).

I've tried Crocs, but I can never find them in my size, with one exception that were bright yellow, which I'm not about to wear. They seem really comfortable, possibly even more so than the Pacifics, but shoes in general are an item I'm not about to special order--foot comfort is very important to me as I am flat-footed.

The biggest advantage that they have is that they don't deteriorate or fit differently when wet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->