Crocs

I clicked on this thread thinking it would be about the crocodile skin trend..... but what on earth are these.... :doh: Very very very unflattering. They look RIDICULOUS!

the flats don't look so bad, but the other normal ones, are absolutely hideous! They are comfortable though!

This is a warning as reported by Houston's KRIV FOX 26. FOX 26 reported that these ever-popular Crocs clogs can be a safety hazard for children. It has been reported that these popular Crocs clogs may pose a threat for elevator riders. I think it's just for mostly children, but I'm not completely sure. Here's more info:

http://www.herald.ns.ca/Front/527452.html

The thing is that they shouldn't really be thrown away or tossed out. It's just this little warning to take note of.

Why ?!! I don't understand those shoes, really. They are a crime against human dignity. We are not Polly Pockets.

I saw these Crocs clogs at Parkson Grand and it's kinda nice. I like the hues that's so technicolor and is useful to be used in the rain because of its plastic material. In the first place I thought this brand could be just another kiddie stuff.

I am ashamed to say that i bought a pair of crocs ... the shoe store i work in just got some in .. and i normally wear either super skinny pants (ov i dont wear crocs with these) or really baggy man pants for work .... so for the days when i wear really baggy ones i wear crocs underneath them .. you cant even see them ... but they are soo comfy its like walking on a cloud ... they fit the work uniform criteria perfectly, flat, black, and from the shop . Also due to health and safety etc. flip flops etc arent practical but being on my feet non stop .. running about for 10hrs + a day in boots or shoes etc. my feet start to burn up ... so crocs with the air holes etc. keep them nice and cool (yes,yes, i know talking about feet how gross :( ) yes well anyways ive found since ive started to wear them ive been less tired and the end of the day, my posture has improoved, and im less achy .. so to me they have made such a difference im past caring what they look like ... well tbh no one sees them anyways lol... and also to put into contexts my work top is bright orange polo shirt .. (we have to wear it) so tbh i dont think anyone will be focusing on my feet lol

I worked as a lifeguard at a lake and these were so practical for me! Walking in water/sand/small rocks everyday, flip-flops gave me the deepest blisters on both of my feet (and I scar easily), but since crocs do not rub against anywhere and are loosely fit, they were perfect for me.

I probably wouldn't wear them anywhere else though.

The horrible thing is that after reading this thread, I started wanting to get some crocs...:argg: eeps, I know, but people talking about how comfortable the shoes were definitely made me at least not hate them. I'm thinking about giving the ballet flats a try...if they are as comfortable. Shoes that aren't just nonpainful but also improve your health: ^_^

I'm usually not into comfortable and ugly things. Someone saying, "I know they're ugly, but they're really comfortable," usually doesn't get me heading out the door with my wallet ready.

But even if I do buy them, I don't know if I'll be brave enough (or dumb enough...) to go out in them. Come on, now.

Here in the south (oh god in the south)..I've noticed something. Whenever "preppy" Caucasian people start wearing a certain shoe or article of clothing, most "urban" African-Americans also start following this trend. It's very irritating, because most of the time they wear them in a horrendous fashion (no offense, but that is from my pov). And "preppy" (love to pretend that lables don't exist,but they do) people really need to give it a rest with these crocs....I mean seriously. They are nice (well I guess), but its getting out of control down here. Most people in the south have no sense of originality (well at least where I am located).

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend has a pair that she wears to school (with socks!) and I've threatened to burn them multiple times. In fact, my best friend and I are plotting a way to bring down the entire Croc enterprise. It'll take some ingenuity, but it'll be SO worth it. :ninja:

there are lots of trends im willing to try but this is just one BIG FAT NO! just NO. period. exclamation point. haha.

I think they are hideous :yuk:, but I will never get too upset about them for 2 reasons.

1. I can never argue with comfort over beauty, that is just logical. I would merely suggest that perhaps you can have both, but, here comes point #2

2. There is really nothing "evil" about this trend so anyone who truly finds these cute, gets to love the way their feet look AND feel, and so even if everyone else on earth (like me) finds them horrible, they should be 100% happy anyway :flower:

my boyfriend has them. he bought them for his dad and brother for christmas too. He is def not allowed to wear them around me and if thinks he's gonna walk around in them once the weather warms up he is wrong. I am ashamed to even be associated with someone who wears these :( on the other hand they are just shoes...but damn are they ever ugly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->