Crocs

Have any of you seen the Crocs Prima Ballet Slip on?
A girlfriend of mine (who can get away with wearing a paper bag she's so amazing) ordered the black and the gold ones from Bloomingdale's website.

They are very cute - functionally - obviously they aren't to wear to anything fancy - but for walking around the city, summer riding, hanging on a patio - they are super cute, and incredibly comfortable.

The only people I know who wear the original duck beaks are nurses...

EDIT - Missing pictures credits.

Last edited by a moderator:
i saw someone wearing grey ones that didn't look so bad with jeans...

Crocs. Uglier than Uggs will ever be. *puke*

how much do these things run anyway?...

:huh:...

Here's another look at them: (ebay.com)

Attachments

• shoesgold4.jpg
    shoesgold4.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 8
ew, ew, ew :sick:
they're good for gardening, but that's it as far as i'm concerned...apparently a lot of people i know wear crocs because they're biodegradable...so if you don't like your crocs anymore you can just chuck them into the woods?
:huh:

mundodabolsa said:
^$35-$45 depending on the style, I'm surprised, I thought they'd be cheaper.
:lol:....
i thought they'd be more....

these are everywhere. just, no. i wouldn't be caught dead in these.

oh my god, why men all over manhattan are wearing these hideous things is BEYOND me; And in the BRIGHTEST colors too, like "look at me, I look ridiculous!!:woot:"

:rolleyes:

Just for laughs i'd love to see one of them trip down some subways stairs with these clunky things :lol:

I think it's all about how you wear it. Certainly, it looks hideous on people who don't have style to begin with. But, if you've got personal style, you can pull off anything. Including Crocs.

Initially, I disliked Crocs--disliked with a passion. In Hawaii, the only people I saw wearing them were too-good-for-fashion hippie-types and tourists. Neither type looked good in these shoes, but neither type was stylish. My boyfriend, on the otherhand--who does have personal style and can thusly wear everything in an 'edgy' way--got these shoes a few months ago. I have been (slowly) warming up to them ever since.

So while I was in the natural foods store the other day, stocking up on groceries, I tried them on in asphalt/gunmetal grey. I was pleasantly surprised to see that they provided an interesting counterpoint to my raw denim skinny jeans and my fitted black deconstructed sleevless blouse. Hard to believe, but true. Crocs defnintely dressed my outfit down and I don't think I'd wear them regularly, but I may buy them for my casual, running around outdoors days.

Incidentally, several people on this thread have been thinking that these shoes would make for gross, sweaty feet. I thought this too , but my boyfriend said that the shoes were antibacterial. If they weren't antibacterial, he said, he would have had stinky feet on the first day he wore them. He's been wearing them for months (like I said), and no stinky feet yet!

As for the ballet flats, I think those are definitely cute. I'd like to check those out.

look, it's jared leto...

082806_jaredgothhyde.jpg

trent.blogspot.com

^ That potentially could be a good outfit.. but the crocs butchered any chances it had.. :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->