Customisations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 16th, 2004 - 10:31 am
cut off and distressed frye leather boots with sandpaper...

threw in washing machine and dryer...

low temp in the washing machine...dryer for 30 min... :flower:

oh..what to do with the left over leather from the boots... :innocent:

:woot:
Did it end up turning out good? Sounds pretty goddamn fabulous. :smile:

Originally posted by StyleTeenie+Jun 28th, 2004 - 12:31 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (StyleTeenie @ Jun 28th, 2004 - 12:31 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-softgrey@Jun 16th, 2004 - 10:31 am
cut off and distressed frye leather boots with sandpaper...

threw in washing machine and dryer...

low temp in the washing machine...dryer for 30 min... :flower:

oh..what to do with the left over leather from the boots... :innocent:

:woot:
Did it end up turning out good? Sounds pretty goddamn fabulous. :smile: [/b][/quote]
thanks teenie... :P

yup...they came out pretty damn well...i wore them the other day with a little ruffled mini and a slouchy top with a low slung belt...i felt like a rock star... B)

rock-n-roll.... :mohawk:

Because all of the commercial epaulettes are a rip-off I'm making my own epaulettes :angry:

I'm making a pair of leaves out of papier-mache ( :wink: ), the leaves will curl up slightly at the end, then I'll paint them with gold-leaf, put some kind of fixative on top, attach tassels hanging down from the edge of the leaf and then attach them to my prussian blue suit (which is still under construction)...

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Jun 28th, 2004 - 11:37 am
Because all of the commercial epaulettes are a rip-off I'm making my own epaulettes :angry:

I'm making a pair of leaves out of papier-mache ( :wink: ), the leaves will curl up slightly at the end, then I'll paint them with gold-leaf, put some kind of fixative on top, attach tassels hanging down from the edge of the leaf and then attach them to my prussian blue suit (which is still under construction)...
Sounds awesome...!!! Care to tell about the whole envisioned look? :flower:

Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep+Jun 28th, 2004 - 5:08 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheSoCalledPrep @ Jun 28th, 2004 - 5:08 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-PrinceOfCats@Jun 28th, 2004 - 11:37 am

Sounds awesome...!!! Care to tell about the whole envisioned look? :flower: [/b][/quote]
yeah...really...do tell... B)

Not exactly a really tedious customization, but I love it all the same. Sorry if I have posted this already. :blush:

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Jun 28th, 2004 - 5:37 pm

Sounds good, have you got the shoes to match yet?

Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep+Jun 28th, 2004 - 5:08 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheSoCalledPrep @ Jun 28th, 2004 - 5:08 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-PrinceOfCats@Jun 28th, 2004 - 11:37 am

Sounds awesome...!!! Care to tell about the whole envisioned look? :flower: [/b][/quote]
Love the anti MacDs t-shirt!

The whole look is based on Tancredi Prince of Falconeri (in my avatar) from Giuseppe Lampedusa's Il Gattopardo and Visconti's film of the same title - the book notes him for his slim elegance and the film is visually lavish (the Sicily scenes from the Godfather II are directly copied from it). The whole look is inspired by the baroque opulence and also masculine elegance.

I need a pair of patent pumps with woven bows at the front (Bottega Veneta) to complete the look, as something else knows...

:blush: I'm dying over here. What you just described sounds wonderful. Your avatar is divine... reminiscent of an old-world style that I just have to love.

I'm making my own bedspread since i can't afford to buy one :D
I am crocheting blocks and then I want to attach them with blocks of contracting fabric. Maybe do some beading on it in the end. Kind of Arabian Nights on Acid feel :wink:

Originally posted by Sugo@Jul 1st, 2004 - 8:32 am
I'm making my own bedspread since i can't afford to buy one :D
I am crocheting blocks and then I want to attach them with blocks of contracting fabric. Maybe do some beading on it in the end. Kind of Arabian Nights on Acid feel :wink:
arabian nights on acid is good... :woot: :heart:

:D
I meant to say contrasting
I'm on lack of sleep again :smile:
how have you been? :heart:

Originally posted by Sugo@Jul 2nd, 2004 - 11:37 pm
:D
I meant to say contrasting
I'm on lack of sleep again :smile:
how have you been? :heart:
:wink: ...i know you meant contrasting..

time for a field trip soon?... :flower:

so today i cut the straps of my bra and made a halter-style bra...i stole this idea...but i really like it and like the little bow at the back of my neck...may do this with a few more bras...i think it would look super cute with a red bra...!!!..

Originally posted by passione@Jul 30 2004, 09:28 PM
wow i love this thread.
[snapback]318836[/snapback]​
I :heart: this thread, too!

I've been playing around with my jeans, and I cut about 3 1/2 inches out just below the knee and then reconnect them with a black garter :P

im thinking of screwing around with these jeans i never wear. just painting it crazy maybe some jarring shade of green O____o i dont know. to stand out. but i need some good paint so it wont crack hmmm

Well, whenever any of my prettier tights see a hole I use the material of the lower legs to make fingerless gloves of whatever length by cutting five small holes in the feet.

I’ll use lace, ribbon or mesh netting on almost anything; a strip of gathered net in a diagonal from one corner of a plain top to the other, pleases me when done in certain colours for instance.

The glitter hairspray that god knows who would actually uses in their hair, looks well on black cloth or shoes, particularly in the dark.

Myself and others wrote all over someone else’s Converses, and they were being busy elsewhere. But worry not since they did approve of the improvement, which was surprisingly present. :grrr:

Artificial flowers when pulled apart and gathered again in smaller groups can add interest to whatever I'd like.

I’d an ancient vintage silky dressing gown in cerise pink, with lace and the like, but the ends of the elbow-length sleeves in their puffy glory, were preventing my using it as a jacket. So I’ve taken them off that and added them, folded back, to a plain black top.

I decided that an old, old-fashioned lunchbox I covered in black and white magazine pictures, can now be a bag.

Not my thing, but my friend made a loverly belt by threading ribbon through old cassette tapes. I’ve told her to sew a tape measure down the side of jeans, since I’d like that, on someone other than me. :lol:

Have drawn now a blank, for the time being.

Awesome ideas that I might try, strawberry!!!

Right now I'm working on three custom tees to sell on eBay (where else?)... I'll post when I'm finished :D

I've just stuck a lobster clasp on this pendant with silver wire so I can fit it over my head...now if only I could actually read the Latin script on it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->