D&G S/S 10 Milan

WOW this is so ugly it hurts my feelings.

And I'm sorry, but this denim thing is soooo tired!!

chain stores are going to eat this up, and before you know everyone is going to be dressing like a cowboy again...IT"S BEEN DONE!!!

when people can't think of new ideas, they recycle the old .... boring

the only thing that's nice is the one white sheer lace dress in post #11.
other then that, i find this collection just tacky and not fresh in any way

This is terrible. but at least they made several pairs of great jeans.

oooooh yes now that some refered to it i make the link between this and dsquared........which such a bad thing !!! that's horrible, dsquared is one of the worth fashion brand, it's bling bling, so cheap and so easy to do and D&G are about to do the same if they follow that line. i can't wait for paris fashion week...

Why did they do so many looks? It goes on and on!
They continued the corset on from last season but it came from opera (or whatever it was) to swing-your-partner-round-and-round matched with a fringe/denim mini-skirt.

Uhhhrrrm

Reminds me of VOGUE Paris May 2009 theme... well I like some pieces... the others are boring

to all the harsh "thisLOOKScheap" on the last couple of pages.... what exactly were you expecting?
THIS is actually D&G. If you don't believe it, go to their first collections.
If you really were expecting what they've been delivering in their latest 3 or 4 collections (not that it looked any better -_-) then it's not D&G you like.
The diffusion line, just like the main collection, has suffered from trends pointing at much """"classier"""" or more mature looks of the last years. Instead of doing their own thing (THIS), they tried to copy what everyone was doing: historical references, innovative materials, full gowns... and worse.
Now that times are getting hard, they seem to be back to their real customer (i think that's what they stated after their men's show in june. which looked also pretty classic D&G)
Dolce and Gabbana was never all that different from DSQUARED. Maybe it had a bit more of an italian charm: the corsets, vichy, the black lace, sofia loren hair...
but the target was about the same: Hot designer denim with python, and glitter, and leather, and rhinestones, and zippers, and everything really... sometimes it was hard to see the denim underneath 'the surface'
The Dolce girl/woman was the kind you'd see around Porto Cervo in chuncky wooden sandals or impossible high pointy stilettos. The kind of woman who is inexplicably tanned all year long, who thinks only grannies wear chanel.
As much as I dislike the look, and i've already stated why before, this is what they are and of all people, only they know how to do i properly. As long as they stay true to themselves, I have no big complaints.

This looks more American than any of the New York collections.

That's not a compliment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->