D la Repubblica ‘The Big D’ Volume #4 2024 : Rianne van Rompaey by Karim Sadli

skinny besties unite ✨

Both covers are quite nice, I have no doubt that Sadli did a fantastic job on the editorial and I'm looking forward to it. However, I'll never understand the incessant need so many people on tFS have to complain about continuous exposure that top models receive each generation. Where would they be if they got discarded every year or two? There are so many new faces booking magazines and campaigns, and yet it's never enough for people to stop being annoying about the sight of experienced models who still have plenty to give. I'll never get tired of seeing Rianne everywhere, because the girl is excellent at what she does - unlike so many of her more forgettable peers. She stands apart and for that, she deserves to stay consistently booked. Kiki!! And my favourite STEM girlie Julia... y'all need to get over it.
Thank you!! It's so hypocritical how people lament the death of the supermodel and how we have this revolving door of 2-3 season models, but then when we do get models who work consistently for years, people start complaining that they get too much work?!

Granted, I like some of these "top models" better than others, but it's still a fact that their longevity sets a good precedent for the modeling industry moving forward

I have a love-hate relationship with the cover. On one hand, it feels like it was shot by an amateur, but on the other, I love the black-and-white aesthetic and its natural, spontaneous vibe.

It's wild to see people complaining about the cast, labeling it as "white mediocrity." Like it or not, Mica is an industry supermodel and an icon recognized by Models.com. She has accomplished the big four and is a muse for brands like Versace. Rianne is also a top model, and both women have been significant figures in the industry for over a decade. The same goes for Kiki. While I wouldn’t say these models are the absolute best of the past ten years, they certainly represent the top tier of the industry.

Can we, please, stop whining for a moment and appreciate the BEAUTY & LOVE? ❤️

Thank you!! It's so hypocritical how people lament the death of the supermodel
I think with the supermodels and the ones that followed for the next two or so generations, there was always range. You can have 10 Amber Valetta or Linda Evangelista campaigns in a magazine and literally have 10 different models. Creatives took risks and made models beautiful, ugly, evil, sexy, athletic, old etc. The blame doesn't even lie with the models, its the industry players that have gotten more and more lazy and the market that demands for only mid.

Thank you!! It's so hypocritical how people lament the death of the supermodel
I think with the supermodels and the ones that followed for the next two or so generations, there was always range. You can have 10 Amber Valetta or Linda Evangelista campaigns in a magazine and literally have 10 different models. Creatives took risks and made models beautiful, ugly, evil, sexy, athletic, old etc. The blame doesn't even lie with the models, its the industry players that have gotten more and more lazy and the market that demands for only mid.

Racist attitude? These are white people who, despite being mediocre at best, have been given a pass for a decade.
Rianne and Mica? Maybe

Kiki and Julia? No way in hell they are mediocre!

Stop generalising

A SICILIAN ROMANCE — PART ONE
Photography:
Karim Sadli
Styling: Jane How
Hair: Stephane Lancien
Make-up: Christelle Cocquet
Models: Mica Argañaraz, Rianne van Rompaey, Julia Nobis, Leon Dame, Kiki Willems, Paul Hameline & Jonas Glöer

d la Repubblica Digital Edition

this can’t be the whole story, right? I’ve seen more pictures on Instagram

this can’t be the whole story, right? I’ve seen more pictures on Instagram

Photography and especially fashion wise, this FIRST PART is rather underwhelming IMO; I sincerely hope the second one would be able to offer some redeeming quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mookie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->