Daniel Lee - Designer, Creative Director of Burberry

“we’re not going down market, we’re just ‘balancing the prices.’”

These c-suite people just spew sh*t lmao
They're obviously doing it to save face for multiple reasons:
- it would be an immediate admission of a failed elevation strategy
- "accessible luxury" is seen as less than in HF spaces
- most designers won't leave an Italian/French luxury brand for British Michael Kors
I think it would be smarter long-term to discreetly reduce the prices without outwardly announcing it as part of a strategy.

This CEO’s comment or „no comment” is so unprofessional; how can you trust designer who is just at the doors and how can you maintain your motivation as designer if you’re reading something like that ? Well now we know almost for sure they won’t fire him but rather won’t renew his contract.
Did the CEO get no media training?

He’s supposed to say “Of course we our committed to our partnership with X designer” even if the contract isn’t renewed.

It’s not even a media training but just basic politeness or even an instinct to say something reassuring that „we’re committed and we’re the same team”. Well, apparently not. With that attitude won’t be surprised if his departure will be announced two days after his last contractual show lol

It’s not even a media training but just basic politeness or even an instinct to say something reassuring that „we’re committed and we’re the same team”. Well, apparently not. With that attitude won’t be surprised if his departure will be announced two days after his last contractual show lol
That's probably how it will be. It would be so badass if Lee quit publicly quit hours before the show. It would probably damage his future chances in the industry though...

Clearly here the CEO is the ***hole; Lee was very nice and reassuring about him during post-show interview. On one hand it’s his boss but on the other it was clearly self-preservation instinct…

With that being said I’m sure LVMH is already eying him for some position.

With that being said I’m sure LVMH is already eying him for some position.

It wouldn't surprise me at all since LVMH just loves to poach away talents from other brands instead of developing their own.
I think he would be great at Fendi indeed.

At this point with one idiotic CEO after the other at Burberry, I feel like Daniel would be much better off elsewhere....(despite his previous alleged misbehavior?)
I fear more for Burberry's future TBH...Stocks 75% down, that's wild!

LVMH likes CD´s to have a proven track record or a following of some sort they say its makes for better placement.

Either you did already creative director job at a previous brand or you started your own.

Even when they do interview nr2´s so far they went for someone already in the limelight.

To be fair it worked out better for them then Kering´s les costly approach for hiring nr 2 :-)

LVMH is IVY League College and Kering High school in a rich district/state.

I fear more for Burberry's future TBH...Stocks 75% down, that's wild!
Worst case scenario we gonna have the entire collection from outlet ! :P

It wouldn't surprise me at all since LVMH just loves to poach away talents from other brands instead of developing their own.
I think he would be great at Fendi indeed.
I believe Galliano departure from Dior was the only one PR disaster there. Meanwhile Kering is burning bridges with designers left right and centre. If I were Lee I’d never go back to Kering and instead just wait for my turn to be appointed somewhere safe when they’re actually care about me as designer and LVMH seems to be best place to be.

^^^^
I think that the core differentiator between LVMH and the rest is that the Arnaults actually have some sort of emotional relationship with fashion. LVMH isn't without their faults, but they definitely seem to have some sort of love towards their brands and designers. You don't see Pinault simping for Gucci or Saint Laurent like Bernard and Delphine do for Dior.

^^^^
I think that the core differentiator between LVMH and the rest is that the Arnaults actually have some sort of emotional relationship with fashion. LVMH isn't without their faults, but they definitely seem to have some sort of love towards their brands and designers. You don't see Pinault simping for Gucci or Saint Laurent like Bernard and Delphine do for Dior.
agree ....
Bernard Arnault is a more ambitious wolf that wants to leave something behind that surpasses his lifetime and their is this quest for making the LVMH group part of what makes France special and his family name be a legacy, where as Pinault Junior cares more for his personal life style to be untouched, too much of his dad's disappointment and anger of his son stewardship of the group and lack of vision for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
famfaluca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->