Daniel Lee - Designer, Creative Director of Burberry

i think he will do better at JIL SANDER than Burberry is to complicated for him it shows,JIL is smaller and a cleaner palette to do quirky experiments and it be more clear and appreciated.

Burberry is a much more layered cake in cultural aspects, in this department he has no voice /nothing to say , he is better of doing minimal sexy quirky product with utility more butch queen lesbian city chic fits him more :-)

I agree with @Lola701. The ethos of JS is based in grounded, serious clothes in luxurious materials, which is too restrictive for most designers. That's why the Meiers often pulled from Philo's Celine during their tenure. That siad, I think he'd be a good fit at Marni.

JIL has humour she did Hawaii prints inside out in her days ( i even met her years ago had the pleasure to have a small chat with her she is a cool lady )

If Raf can do Raf at JIL and make it feel like important and JIL without actual redoing JIL, Lee can do same his Bottega was best because it was cold and colorful and had touch of concept his first collections the for BV had skirts and items that could be so JIL . and many more i can show but to lazy ....

940285-d943761fc60e950b5c28b5d126bd8bef.jpgfashionweekdaily-2.jpg

Let’s be honest Jil Sander is not Jil Sander since a long time. However I believe that Lee could indeed work on this kind of restraint than the ones he has to deal at Burberry.

Could be challenging but the outcome could turn out great. I just want him to succeed. Burberry is sinking anyway.

As a Jil sander customer over the eras, it’s a hard no for me. He has no eyes for fit, proportions, materiality, or consideration for the wearer beyond a viral visual. In the minimalism realm, he is the opposite of what Jil sander stands for.

He will continue to produce his awkwardly narrow top and overly baggy/long pants wherever he goes.

As a Jil sander customer over the eras, it’s a hard no for me. He has no eyes for fit, proportions, materiality, or consideration for the wearer beyond a viral visual. In the minimalism realm, he is the opposite of what Jil sander stands for.

He will continue to produce his awkwardly narrow top and overly baggy/long pants wherever he goes.
you like and buy current JIL ? i stopped halfway Raf era...

because i feel jil now is a joke of the brand its not chic it's not serious its ancora JIL for me

^ haha, not disagreeing with you on current JS (though I do enjoy the 7 day shirts and the wardrobe collections). I collect original JS, her come backs and +J. have you tried on his BV and Burberry? It’s as if he hates the human body. He belongs to the current generation that only cares for a flat 2D image to post online.

Last edited:
rehab > another CD position

The SS collection was apparently designed by the team bc Lee couldn’t bother to come to work for few months hence the CEO reluctance to have a clear cut opinion whether he will renew the contract.

rehab > another CD position

The SS collection was apparently designed by the team bc Lee couldn’t bother to come to work for few months hence the CEO reluctance to have a clear cut opinion whether he will renew the contract.
That bad is the situation for rehab?..wow...

Not only him but his erratic behaviour after the show was really weird. Gonna be Marc Jacobs type of rehab (Anna, we need you)…

next will be ancora the whole office knows ..so sad he thinks nobody notice

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brier Bunny
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->