Daria Werbowy named Lancome spokesperson

Perhaps finally a worthy successor to Isabella ... I can't think of a single memorable Lancome face in the interim. I think it also speaks to Daria's star power that she does not have the oh-so-popular babyface ... her beauty kind of stands alone in the modeling world.

I liked her for Prada, and also like the Chanel campaign. Don't care for YSL with her hair pulled back so severely and then the top of her head Photoshopped off ... yugh.

pic of daria for a new lancome fragrance, from lancome.fr

sinttulocapturado017ev.jpg

I like the concept, but I agree the pic is too airbushed.

Using Daria as a spokesperson for Lancome is quite an unexpected choice, I hope the new ads will be better than this one though, this is truly awfull, it's not like we are one yrs old, the pic is AWFULLY airbrushed.... :ninja:

And I am happy they chose a model over an actress. And I love Daria, so I am quite happy with the choice! :flower:

Is this Daria? (courtesy of Lancome.com)

v_prehome.jpg

I think it is - meaning another heck of an airbrushing job...look at the nose?!

imo that isn't daria... they should have airbrushed everything! but who knows...

That IS Daria........ ^^.....

Do they think we have no brains or something.... all the airbrush is HORRIBLE......... :sick:

she looks good if you don't mind the photoshopping.

I don't really understand why they'd hire her for their campaigns if they were just going to airbrush her beyond recognition

CharlottefromCA said:
I don't really understand why they'd hire her for their campaigns if they were just going to airbrush her beyond recognition
i agree completely. why even bother with a real person? she's airbrushed to the point of looking like an animation [Lara Croft, anyone? :rolleyes: ] surely if that is all they want in their ad's then wouldn't it cheaper to pay someone to 'invent' the face of Lacome with some kind of CGI software? :innocent:

Daria is beautiful enough in her own right to be the face of their brand -that's why they chose her, right? what they've done is terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->