Lancôme signs Julia Roberts as Global Ambassadress

kimair

frozen
Reaction score
interesting that they'll have kate winslet and julia roberts in their stable...
from wwd / december 4, 2009

Pretty Woman has succumbed to the charms of the beauty industry: Julia Roberts, one of Hollywood’s biggest stars, has been tapped as the “global ambassadress” for Lancôme, WWD has learned exclusively.

“By her remarkable personality and career, Julia Roberts is an emblematic woman of her time,” said Youcef Nabi, president of Lancôme International. “Her exceptional talent, her radiance and her strong commitments perfectly echo Lancôme’s values. We are convinced she will embody the brand in the most sublime way possible.”

Lancôme executives declined to give further details on the relationship between Roberts and the brand, including the amount the actress is being paid to sell the products, the length of her contract and specific duties, saying more would be revealed early next year.

Roberts is the latest in a string of Hollywood A-listers entering the beauty realm — and one of the industry’s biggest “gets” in years. Demi Moore was signed to a similar deal with Lancôme sister brand Helena Rubinstein, as the face of its Wanted fragrance, earlier this year.

Roberts, who is said to command salaries north of $20 million for her acting projects, is in post-production on two films — “Eat, Pray, Love,” based on the bestselling memoir by Elizabeth Gilbert, and “Valentine’s Day,” directed by Garry Marshall, who also directed her in “Pretty Woman.” She could command a beauty salary close to her acting paydays.

I love Julia Roberts :heart:

I wonder how much she is getting paid.. she seems like an ideal spokeswoman actually..

In reports on Grazia today they say she will infact be taking over from Kate Winslet. Would Kate's contract be up already??

Lancôme shoot for the mascara Hypnôse Precious Cells, ELLE France January 2010 and Vanity Fair (Italy) - January 2010

aboutjulia.com

I love Julia and because she never did advertising i really think it is a "coup"!
she will be Divine I am sure.
I cannot wait to see the images !

kates most recent work has been amazing hope julia can be equally good

kates most recent work has been amazing hope julia can be equally good
Isn't Anne Hathaway also an ambassador? Do they have multiple ambassadors at one time or are they like Miss America and a new ambassador is crowned when the current ambassador's contract comes to an end?

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer models to actresses. Actresses should stick to ACTING

Some models aren't really good at public speaking, so I'm pretty sure an amazingly beautiful actress will suffice.

There's a big ad in this week's French Elle for a mascara. I love it, so glamourous!

b66g7a.jpg

iswii.net

Glamour Russia March 2010

journal-plaza.net

HQ from Glamour N73 France Avril 2010 via ebook30.com/magazine

fabsugar.co.uk/Julia-Roberts-Video-Lancome-Hypnose-Precious-Cells-7752668
The first ad for the product just launched last week on French shores, but this new extended version features Julia laughing, smiling and being photographed among lingering close-ups and atmospheric music. It's like a behind-the-scenes montage of a glamorous photo shoot

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonderful choice! She's definitely a woman I look up to. :heart:

This shoting Mario Testino

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->