Daria Werbowy

Whoa so she DID refuse. I remember reading an interview way back when someone from VS said that no girl has ever turned them down. I guess that was before they asked her! LOL

Wow Im a fan of VS, but reading that just made her 100% cooler in my book.

^ just don't believe anything you read in interviews. of course vs speakers will never admit in publich that a model turned down their offer! or that they had to increase and increase offers to convince others to walk for them... they'll always present doing vs as a honour for models.

But, one thing that I know is that the VSFS is one of the hardest shows to get into, just based on the sheer number of girls who try to get into the show. I'm talking about some of the biggest models too.

If you look at the audition footage from last year, you'll see a lot of high profile models didnt make it into the show.

So the fact that she was the one that turned them down, is very very cool.

I won't Daria being an Angel... oh NO!!! I just want her to do the Show and some photoshoot for the catalogs... that's all.

Actually... even though her face is beyond perfection, I dont think its very VS-y. Her face is like too refined for them. But after seeing freakin Lara Stone in one of their shows, anything could happen.

lara stone did not match the whole VS image at all...a trainwreck in my opinion

Well I didnt watch Lara there, I just saw some pictures. I only watched a segment because I couldnt resist the temptation of watching my cute darling Abbey Lee in a sailor outfit (totally worth it, it was adorable :wub:).
I bet she looked kinda uncomfortable and out of place doing it, didnt she? Her type of beauty is too complicated for VS.
I think the same would happen to Daria. Her beauty is more friendly than Lara's, but... its just not her enviroment if you know what I mean.

I won't Daria being an Angel... oh NO!!! I just want her to do the Show and some photoshoot for the catalogs... that's all.

but why the show? i can understand catalogues, i remember the one featuring erin and it was good, but the show?! :blink: do you want to see daria with feathers and wings?! :flower:

she would be downright the most sexiest WOMAN on the VS catwalk...but she's too good for VS in my opinion

Lima vs Zimmermann

I personally would disagree that Adriana Lima earns or has earned less than Raquel, it just isn't realistic.
All models over the last 50 years who are universally considered supermodels, have done some commercial work as well as high fashion, some even only commercial work. I don't know of any actual supermodels who have only exclusively done high fashion modelling....well, until Daria hahaha

again there can be no comparisson between Lima and Zimmermann! Raquel is way above Lima in all possible dimentions(not that I do not like lima, she is great) but modelwise Raquel does much much more and is a real supermodel!!! as for money, none of us will ever know what models earn and who earned more than the other one, which is completely ridiculous to even think about it

well, an objective criterion to evaluate supermodelism is how known by general audience a model is... and honestly i think nobody out of fashion world knows who zimmermann is (same for daria) while adriana lima is certainly a much more familiar name.
so you and i may consider raquel or daria better models and you (not me! :smile:) may identify quality of modeling with supermodelism, but that looks like a subjective projection when it comes to define a nowadays supermodel (as long as this expression has any sense).

a household name with very commercial contracts, a life in the spotlight and a famous boyfriend, that's what makes a supermodel nowadawys: the perfect antidaria!

The thing with the world 'supermodel' is that I feel like it's definition has changed over the years. In the 90's models were like celebrites, that's why their name has lasted this long and the VS models are in their own 'category', they're more commercialized so of course they're bigger. But in the high fashion industry, girls like Daria are the ones people highly respect, same can be said for some others like Zimmerman, Poly etc etc.

Thank you Nocturnal Antix for your logical and realistic reply!!!
I strongly disagree with the rest which was said!
Household names does not mean supermodel. What stupid people know is never a creteria for a supermodel!!! it is the fashion world and we are here because of it, not because some housewife knows who lima is, because she catched her walking the VS show on the news. it is funny to put it this way and Lima is far behind her supermodel days when she was regular in HF magazines and even did some campaigns. She just seems to care more about the easy and secure money which VS contracts give them and I guess she just does not have the time to do all the rest.
Daria on the other hand still does many editorials and fashion covers and will always be much much much more than any model like Adriana. Daria and Raquel are the true supermodels and i think we should think about our opinions and not about what random ignorant people think. We have formed our little society of admirers, fans, collectors and we do have the right to make a selection of who is a real supermodel. Our judgement is far more realistic and true than any person from the street who does not know who Raquel Z is, which is a shame!:wink:)lol

Last edited by a moderator:
i think Raquel is 100 times richer than Lima

I was replying specifically to this part of your post. If you were not speaking in monetary terms, but rather in terms of career achievements, then you are undoubtably correct, Raquel trumps Adriana. In terms of money, you are again correct, we will never know how much they earn, but if I was a betting man, I would bet that Adriana has earned more money - unless Raquel is a drug dealer on the side, hahaha

Nocturnal Antix, I also agree with your post.

it's funny that eveverybody decides on his/her own what a supermodel is and then starts discussing like his/her view is what makes a supermodel...

as i said, just let's take what objetively made supermodels once when the term started to be used, then let's see if those criteria are still respected or not. and let's try to be as much as objective as we can.

my only personal ideological point is that to me nowadays supermodelism - which is something linked to the other eras' hedonism - sounds almost like a disvalue. but apart from that, i definitely think daria can't care less about being a supermodel or not. i think her motto is more 'take the money and run'!!! :D

it's funny that eveverybody decides on his/her own what a supermodel is and then starts discussing like his/her view is what makes a supermodel...

as i said, just let's take what objetively made supermodels once when the term started to be used, then let's see if those criteria are still respected or not. and let's try to be as much as objective as we can.

my only personal ideological point is that to me nowadays supermodelism - which is something linked to the other eras' hedonism - sounds almost like a disvalue. but apart from that, i definitely think daria can't care less about being a supermodel or not. i think her motto is more 'take the money and run'!!! :D

:lol: :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SailorMoon1993
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->