David Koma F/W 2024.25 London

This has been his best collection in a very long time.

Such a fun designer. I love him! Even if all his collections are not a solid 10, there's always something super exciting about them, even if just 2-3 looks.

I actually enjoy this quite a lot. Love some sexy evening wear. Could’ve gone sexy all the way, though.

Oh gosh this is beautiful. The combination of textures is done so beautifully. This look, especially, is stunning.
jrTa4GcY_t.jpg

its very balmain with some vuitton. Its like a merch brand not a fashion label. You come here to buy things to go with what you already own. Like that Balmain collection w the XL crystal studs was 2 seasons ago - here some more for that customer who desires it. Again a lower priced LV blouson leather bomber pour vous.

hm, not bad. it was fine. the biggest thing is: edit, edit, edit. there were about 10 looks, including that random red one, that didn't need to be there at or ever. he had a good flow going, soon disturbed with throwaway filler ideas. quality not quantity.

the corset dresses could've been horns. this easily could've been and angels and demons inspired collection. whatever changes he made be it person, skillset, or thought, he should continue with it.

^ I don’t think Koma is the kind of designer to go for a heavily referential and conceptual collection. Some of his best work was during his time at Mugler, where it was sleek, body con but without it being Herve Leger body con. Strong tailoring with a sensual ease. Good effective clothes with enough design to know it’s a Koma but still simple enough to be a timeless addition in the wardrobe.

This approach he’s been taking on is over complicated for him. There’s some scrumptious outerwear and leathers in this, and some looks are paired with some killer pants. More editing but also focusing on what works would have made this better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->