David Lachapelle - Photographer

album covers

I used to be a fan before, now I'm getting a bit bored with his work, but I have to admit he stands out. He uses well colour and concept.
Here are some album covers I found
(google)

Dj Susan Morabito

djsusanmorabito.jpg

No Doubt

NoDoubt.jpg

Buster Poindexter

BusterPoindexter.jpg

(google)

Lil' Kim

lilkim.jpg

Christina Aguilera

christinaaguilera.jpg

Jennifer Lopez

jenniferlopez.jpg

I love this last picture, although I don't like the script

(google)

A beautiful shot of Macy Gray

MacyGray.jpg

And my favourite - Perry Farrel. Amazing. Just beautiful to look at

perryfarrell.jpg

I love love love David LaChapelle's work! In fact, I have a myspace group devoted to him. Here is the URL="http://groups.myspace.com/davidlachapelle".
Anyone is welcome to join and participate!:D

i think i like him better as a music video director... i think his work is better suited to musicians than the fashion crowd.

^ probably. but it's all about the image these days and he's an artist. he might have good ideas about styling

valerique said:
(google)

A beautiful shot of Macy Gray

And my favourite - Perry Farrel. Amazing. Just beautiful to look at

2 great pics, the best Ive seen so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, he is a better photog for the music scene. I have a little bit mixed views of him; sometimes (ie the ridiulous H&M Jeans Tv-spot) he's tacky,tacky,tacky, but sometimes he delivers actually interesting work. It's quite mediocre though.

^is amanda lepore his muse or something? i know he loves her but she looks scary. he goes for grotesque a lot

Do you guys know how to save pictures from DavidLaChapelle.com? It doesn't work when I try, yet you guys have linked to some of them.

Thanks.

in your keyboard:

press the boton PRINT SCREEN (snapshot" of your screen)

in photoshop:

ctrl N
ctrl V

i heard he was also a great black comedian, but backed out from a 50 million dollar contract to produce the 3rd season of his comedy show.

I like the originality, and colorfullness of his photos...he definitely has a distinguishable style

yojimbo said:
i heard he was also a great black comedian, but backed out from a 50 million dollar contract to produce the 3rd season of his comedy show.

:lol: i hope thats sarcasm... but if not... david lachapelle and dave chappelle are two very different people

Sweets said:
:lol: i hope thats sarcasm... but if not... david lachapelle and dave chappelle are two very different people
and i thought chappelle had left comedy, and become a fashion fotographer :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->