Dazed & Confused January 2011 : Anna Paquin by Terry Richardson

Managed to quickly have a look through this today and nice interview with Anna Paquin and editorials with Theres Alexandersson and Leomie Anderson, but as with all january mags a very thin issue.

HORRIBLE.. cover, they could have done SO much with Anna.. really disappointed in this cover to be honest.

Thats not creepy at all.... :ninja:
Their is something off about her facial expression which makes it so unflattering

This is bloody awful! The Terry Richardson hate can get tiresome at times (IMO), but this cover sooo validates the hack characterization.

ETA:
I know the model, stylist and others are involved in producing a picture and have pinpointed luminaries like Carine Roitfeld and Natasha Poly as the weak links in crappy photos that he lensed, but I dunno this looks like bad lighting and direction and I am assuming that those things are Terry's purview.

ETA2:
Also, I don't give a fig who the makeup artist is, I also blame Terry for that awful lipstick that I have actually nicknamed Poly-Richardson Red.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly how I expected it to look. That's not good.

Exactly how I imagined it in my head in the few seconds while the page was loading.

Please. I'm so tired of Terry and this white font, it's so dated. These covers are so so so out-of-touch.

By the way, I'm subscribed to Dazed & Confused and I've only received the October issue. They're shipped from Brooklyn, not the UK. Still, they won't answer my emails.

I may sound like bit of a stan but how do you go from this amazing 3D Daft Punk cover to this? I love Daze, I love Anna but I don't love this cover, not one bit.

Perhaps a different photographer and styling would have made it look better? I don't know. Hopefully theres better eds in it, I pray that there are.

Way to start the year off!

Man, Sookie, how could you let them do this to you?

Although I'm glad it's so terrible, I always hate it when people I don't respect surprise me with something good. Phew!

Ugh, this is so bad. She looks like a crack head doing bad modeling for some money for crack. Do not like AT ALL. And I like Anna.

Lol at your comment Michellemybell.
I couldn't have said it better. She looks so grotesque; I feel sorry for her.
But it's by Terry Richardson...

I like their weird, twisted and artsy cover. This is just a big mess

This cover just seems so "Purple"-esque and not in a good way, mainly because of Terry's influence.
Not a huge fan of the styling and Anna's hair looks so fried, it's quite a shame really.

Hate everything about it - the hair, the make-up, the clothes, the pose. I love Anna but no to this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->