deodorants/anti-perspirants

I use Dove Sensitive Skin Invisible Solid Unscented. I cannot stand scented deoderants.

nothing, don't sweat much and don't like the ring of white junk it leaves on my shirts if i do sweat.

I don't use anti-perspirants. From what my parents have informed me (they work in health care) anti-perspirants block the flow of sweat from your sweat glands, thus causing some sort of medical complications. Also, something about antiperspirants and deodorants containing aluminum salts which may cause breast cancer. Don't trust mt word because I may have misunderstood it, but I know it has something to do with blocking the skin under the arm.
I prefer deodorant. But I think as long as you shave to prevent any smells, wash daily and after exercise, and maintain a healthy diet; you may not need deodorants.

^ I've heard the same thing about anti-perspirants too, I heard it's especially bad to put them on after you shave your armpits because they absorb into your skin more.....not sure if it's true or not but I've heard so many stories about how bad they are that I've decided to play it safe and stay the heck away from them.

I use Tom's all natural deodorant, it smells light and nice (I like the rose honeysuckle one) works for me and never leaves that gross white stuff on my shirts.

because of the hot weather here, i sweat a lot. the only difference when i use a deodorant is that there is no bad smell, so i use it. i use nivea.

Tom's unscented deodorant. It works reasonably well and doesn't stain my clothing. May not be sufficient if you perspire heavily.

I dislike the idea of anti-perspirants; our bodies perspire for a good reason, to help us cool off. Trying to inhibit the body's natural cooling system does not seem like a good idea to me.

^ You good people are so crunchy :wink:

I have tried the natural products and they just don't do it for me. I use Lady Speed Stick Invisible Dry "Dare to Wear Black" formula (currently Wild Freesia). It gets really hot here & I cannot fool around.

PS I just read in Dr Weil's newsletter that the breast cancer thing had been debunked.

Tom's unscented deodorant. It works reasonably well and doesn't stain my clothing. May not be sufficient if you perspire heavily.

I dislike the idea of anti-perspirants; our bodies perspire for a good reason, to help us cool off. Trying to inhibit the body's natural cooling system does not seem like a good idea to me.

Thanks for that info about Tom's :flower: I'm going to try it. I've also used Tussy which is really simple & works well but very difficult to find sometimes.

I used that Crystal Mineral Salt stick for awhile when it was all the rage... but then all of a sudden I broke out in a terrible rash under my arms & it was awful & quite painful as well :cry:

^ ow >_<

I tried one of the Lush deodorants and that gave me an awful rash that took weeks to clear up. I T C H Y ! ! !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->