Designers Switching Houses & Moving to New Brands

Luke and Lucie Meier out at Jil Sander... Allegedly...
Well, so long! There's not that many Jil Sander customers left to miss them anyways. Good luck finding someone able to "get" this brand's appeal and restore it to its aesthetic former glory and cultural relevance. Chances are that we'll be stuck with yet another watered-down, "quiet luxury" the Row-lite, itself already a pastiche of the true creators of yore.

Ok, but if the news is true, the Meiers are either moving somewhere else, or don't have any common sense. Luke left his own OAMC brand two months ago after all and it looked like he wanted to focus on Jil Sander, or some other project which could potentially demand full attention from him.

Unlikely it would happen but here would be my preferred candidates for Jil:

- Narciso Rodriguez
- Patrick van Ommeslaeghe
- Hussein Chalayan
- Lucas Ossendrijver

I wouldn’t mind for Jil herself to come back for a few years either before she leaves us for good, but that seems more than a wishful thinking at this point!

- Narciso Rodriguez
- Hussein Chalayan
- Lucas Ossendrijver

I wouldn’t mind for Jil herself to come back for a few years either before she leaves us for good, but that seems more than a wishful thinking at this point!
A Chalayan comeback would be amazing, but I reckon that they will appoint a younger designer anyways. However, as Tricotineacetat rightfully pointed in the Peter Do forum, it seems increasingly difficult to find artistic directors who manage to build a coherent, all-encompassing image for the brand under their care, like Demeulemeester, Lang or Sander did. A coherent and stable silhouette and style that aligns with a broader set of tastes and cultural references. An image that doesn't feel like a bunch of clothes codbles together with no storytelling, but that rather allude to a character that might resonate with your own tastes and aspirations. The 90's greats manage to do that, but I don't quite see who carries such visions today...

- Narciso Rodriguez
- Hussein Chalayan
- Lucas Ossendrijver

ugh MY HOTTEST DREAM

- Narciso Rodriguez
- Hussein Chalayan
- Lucas Ossendrijver

PATRICK! He was the best part of Raf’s tenure. Would love to see him in charge somewhere. He has excellent taste.

- Narciso Rodriguez
- Hussein Chalayan
- Lucas Ossendrijver

Patrick and Lucas for the win!
But I doubt that Jil Sander, as the commercial machine it is today would be a good platform for Patrick. Maybe a more adult brand would be good for him…

SOMEONE CALL FABIO!
Fabio is needed at Fendi!

Anyone knows the reason of his departure from Prada?

Anyone knows the reason of his departure from Prada?

Fabio left Prada due to the clash with Raf (for which I can’t blame him: he spent there solid 40 years + just to be patronised by this eternally cuckolded Belgian)…Miuccia is ofc not without fault, she picked triangle logo on bomber jackets instead of strong aesthetic pov…

Fabio left Prada due to the clash with Raf (for which I can’t blame him: he spent there solid 40 years + just to be patronised by this eternally cuckolded Belgian)…Miuccia is ofc not without fault, she picked triangle logo on bomber jackets instead of strong aesthetic pov…
Ok. I mean he could have stayed at MiuMiu…
Hopefully his voice will shine elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brunamessner
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->