Designers You Miss

Originally posted by runner@Nov 2 2004, 10:27 AM
you know not a few people here love LV, Hermes, and even D&G.
[snapback]414924[/snapback]​
I forgot to write:
evidently this resulted from magazines' incitement.

Originally posted by Fade to Black@Nov 2 2004, 10:44 AM
runner, from my observations and conversations with my parents who regularly go to Japan, it seems that Japanese people in general prefer wearing European brands and are less inclined to local designers like Comme, Yohji, Undercover, etc...have you noticed this? What do you think about this?
[snapback]414954[/snapback]​
some maybe at the age from late 40s might tend toward imports, in my opinion.
but definitely that's not true of younger people. it's not a matter of the place where brands come from, but a matter of one's taste completely. the one such as goes to Harajuku or something frequently seems to be obsessed with, if anything, some cultic local labels (now that there appear many fascinating and interesting labels like Limi, Toga, GVGV, N (N), etc).
as for the designers you mentioned, CDG and Undercover are quite popular here still, while Yohji (also Miyake) well patronized by adults.

Originally posted by Scott@Nov 1 2004, 02:15 PM
See,I said I didn't know :lol:
[snapback]413869[/snapback]​

:lol: :kiss:

Originally posted by runner@Nov 3 2004, 08:33 AM
some maybe at the age from late 40s might tend toward imports, in my opinion.
but definitely that's not true of younger people. it's not a matter of the place where brands come from, but a matter of one's taste completely. the one such as goes to Harajuku or something frequently seems to be obsessed with, if anything, some cultic local labels (now that there appear many fascinating and interesting labels like Limi, Toga, GVGV, N (N), etc).
as for the designers you mentioned, CDG and Undercover are quite popular here still, while Yohji (also Miyake) well patronized by adults.
[snapback]416170[/snapback]​

Runner,thank you for your insight. In any case,it certainly isn't like America where a trend is the ultimate repetition. Maybe not from my viewpoint anyway.

Originally posted by Hanne@Oct 31 2004, 05:54 AM
I miss Thierry Muglers runway shows..his collections through the 90ies were so full of fantasy and makebelieve.
[snapback]412235[/snapback]​

I miss Mugler too! Yes, his collections were filled w/ such fantasy & make-believe, and that's exactly what I loved about his work--his clothes made me DREAM! In fact, I was looking around just last night for George Michael's "Too Funky" video, just so I could see his clothes. I still get wet everytime I see his collections on firstview.

Originally posted by JohnnyBoo@Nov 29 2004, 07:51 PM
I miss Mugler too! Yes, his collections were filled w/ such fantasy & make-believe, and that's exactly what I loved about his work--his clothes made me DREAM! In fact, I was looking around just last night for George Michael's "Too Funky" video, just so I could see his clothes. I still get wet everytime I see his collections on firstview.
[snapback]443111[/snapback]​
You should get his Coffee table book then "Fashion Fetish Fantasy" ISBN 0-500-01902-9 it's absolutely gorgeous! :heart:
It's funny that you mention George Michael's "Too Funky" video, because that was exactly the video I mentioned in the thread about the most fashionable music video (or something like that..can't recall the threads exact title)

fineYves, definitely. I agree with the person who likes Theyskens work at Rochas over his own label. I think his work at Rochas is fabulous.

And for me, Halston. I just love him. Simple and glamorous, very fluid. Loved that.

Just remembered another, Edith Head. Also my mother's favorite.

Last edited by a moderator:
roberto menichetti for jil sander... onwards of the evolvement of his aesthetic with the launch of burberry prorsum... whatever happened to him??? his own namesake label post-burberry was quite a disappointment though...

figure should revive this thread with all the nostalgic air amongst us everywhere...

Last edited by a moderator:
I could weep with how much I miss Bruno Pieters at his label and even his short stay at Hugo Boss. :cry:

i don't know what's going on with bruno's future. the last thing i remember he sold off his remaining archive at the RA store in antwerp. i certainly miss him as well.

I know, I can't believe he sold his archive.
His website has literally just been abandoned, still saying his a/w 09-10 collection is new etc. Ohhh :(

In no particular order as they're all missed equally and irreplaceable in fashion's Pantheon:

Romeo Gigli
Helmut Lang
Jil Sander
Alexander McQueen

Bruno still holds stocksales twice a year in Antwerp, and this last november was the biggest one i've ever seen of him. One of the people working there told me he had the intention to re-establish the brand in a totally ecological manner next year, kinda like Christopher Raeburn I guess

Who I miss, besides Bruno:
Veronique Branquinho
Dirk Schönberger

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellbendcat69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->