Designers You Miss

Scott

Stitch:the Hand
Reaction score
I pose this question not as a tracing of the past but more so as a "what could have been now" if they were still here. Promising talents that have since gone or gone to big houses.

Well,you know my first answer will obviously be Jurgi Persoons. He had evolved quite tremendously in his final collection before he officially had gone bankrupt. He did very vibrant colours and prints and even a lighter silhouette. I just wonder if that would have continued on??

2. Patrick Van Ommeslaeghe
3. Koji Tatsuno. I miss his Trace line.
4. Lieve Van Gorp
5. Susan Cianciolo
6. Daphne Gutierrez and Nicole Noselli from BRUCE. Where are they?!
7. Angelo Figus
8. Olivier Theyskens
9. Indigo People
10. Saskia Van Drimmelen(Dutch designer,not Belgian..mind you)

Originally posted by Scott@Oct 25 2004, 06:42 PM
I pose this question not as a tracing of the past but more so as a "what could have been now" if they were still here. Promising talents that have since gone or gone to big houses.

Well,you know my first answer will obviously be Jurgi Persoons. He had evolved quite tremendously in his final collection before he officially had gone bankrupt. He did very vibrant colours and prints and even a lighter silhouette. I just wonder if that would have continued on??

2. Patrick Van Ommeslaeghe
3. Koji Tatsuno. I miss his Trace line.
4. Lieve Van Gorp
5. Susan Cianciolo
6. Daphne Gutierrez and Nicole Noselli from BRUCE. Where are they?!
7. Angelo Figus
8. Olivier Theyskens
9. Indigo People
10. Saskia Van Drimmelen(Dutch designer,not Belgian..mind you)
[snapback]406673[/snapback]​

Indigo People is out of business? I just saw some of their stuff at Opening Ceremony. Must've been past seasons.

Ditto Jurgi Persoons (because it really was the freshest and most unique fashion out there) and Olivier Theyskens (because of his sweeping romantic gowns). Also, Matsuda. I can't say that I miss Lieve and Angelo much, although they did have their place and time (especially Lieve). It just did not really appeal to me.

And I really really miss Tom Ford (giggles). I'm sorry, I had to do it.

Originally posted by stylegurrl@Oct 25 2004, 07:47 PM
Isn't Olivier now designing for Rochas or am I mistaken?
[snapback]406712[/snapback]​

Yes, but it's apples and oranges.

Originally posted by faust@Oct 25 2004, 08:01 PM
Yes, but it's apples and oranges.
[snapback]406731[/snapback]​

Thanks faust. yes, you are right-his work with Rochas is very different form his previous work. To be honest I like his current designs better.

Originally posted by faust@Oct 25 2004, 07:46 PM
Indigo People is out of business? I just saw some of their stuff at Opening Ceremony. Must've been past seasons.

Ditto Jurgi Persoons (because it really was the freshest and most unique fashion out there) and Olivier Theyskens (because of his sweeping romantic gowns). Also, Matsuda. I can't say that I miss Lieve and Angelo much, although they did have their place and time (especially Lieve). It just did not really appeal to me.

And I really really miss Tom Ford (giggles). I'm sorry, I had to do it.
[snapback]406709[/snapback]​

:rotfl: I know.... :wink:

I had no idea that Siri had gone out of business. He used to be the mastermind behind United Bamboo till Thuy come along,got married to his partner,then became involved in everything. That's when it all turned to complete rubbish,imo. I guess I could also say,I miss the old United Bamboo because in comparison,what's going on now is nothing more than retro dross.

That's exactly what I'm talking about regarding Olivier. I miss his signature. All the corset detailings and Victorian-style ballgowns. Nothing in contradiction to Rochas....just that it was a completely different style.

And Jurgi....you said it all,my friend. Probably the reasons why people think I am so obsessed with him,no?

As for Van Ommeslaeghe,people thought this guy was going to be next coming Belgian talent in an International tone. He was just starting and gaining alot of attention from indie followers about the same time as the aforementioned Persoons. He only had done three collections,then nothing after.

Scott, Kohji Tatsuno is now the designer behind Gres.

KT for Gres S/S 04 from Beams

gres2.jpg

KT for Gres A/W 04

gres2.jpg

gres1.jpg

Copperwheat Blundell
Massimo Osti

because sometimes I go to the seaside and the mountains.

Originally posted by runner@Oct 26 2004, 05:24 AM
Scott, Kohji Tatsuno is now the designer behind Gres.

KT for Gres S/S 04 from Beams

gres2.jpg

KT for Gres A/W 04

gres2.jpg

gres1.jpg

[snapback]406999[/snapback]​

Oh I know. I just miss his own stuff. Why did he stop his other lines? Trace was my favourite!

i miss seraph lamden - or does anyone know if the label still exists - maybe i just lost track?

Theyskens ... I'm afraid I'm not familiar with half of the names on that list :blush:

Originally posted by ultramarine@Oct 28 2004, 07:03 PM
Theyskens ... I'm afraid I'm not familiar with half of the names on that list :blush:
[snapback]409753[/snapback]​

Oh no. I didn't mean for it to be a poll from my list. Just choose whomever your heart desires :wink:

I miss Gianni Versace....even though the house didn't close or anything like that, I miss HIM as the designer. I just would love to have seen how he would've evolved the house to fit the times, I would love to have seen if he kept Versace on it's throne or if things would've wound up as they are now....so many what ifs.

I miss Thierry Muglers runway shows..his collections through the 90ies were so full of fantasy and makebelieve.

Although he's not toally gone, I wish he would maintain his presence....Alaia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slimshelly
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->