Diane von Furstenberg Resort 2008 New York

^ :lol: I just double-checked vogue.fr hoping they or I made a dreadful mistake but no...it's up and running :ninja:

i wouldn't know this was dries unless the thread told me... i still don't think it can be....
it looks like some "contemporary" fashion type stuff from shopbop :ninja:

I DO NOT THINK THIS IS DRIES>>>>

it can't be...
he would never put those those shoes or jewelry...
someone somewhere has made a mistake....

:ermm:...

That's what I thought too ... and I also thought that lavender dress was Bottega. I came to see your post 'cause I thought you might've straightened it out already :wink:

this is so strange...

i agree with everyone, doesnt feel like dries at all

What ESPECIALLY doesnt seem like Dries to me, aside from the clothes, is the fact that it's a Resort collection..Hmmm..

I DO NOT THINK THIS IS DRIES>>>>

it can't be...
he would never put those those shoes or jewelry...
someone somewhere has made a mistake....

:ermm:...

agreed!!!!!!,
I am shocked, this doesnt look like dries, neither in the designs, the fabrics, the styling, nothing!!!!!
and i didnt know he did resort..............
Matter of fact i hate resort collections altogether!!!!!!!!!
AARRRHHHH!!!!!!

:ninja:I need to wah my face...... can belive im beholding this with my sight!!!!!!!!!

This is better than all of Dries' coolections put together. I usually cant stand his fashion but this is pretty ok.

does he has a new backer? this looks like serious sell out, desperate for commercial appeal.. very dissapointing indeed

Lena, I know, this collection (if that is what you can call it) annoys me. It seems so uncharacteristic of his niche. I am all for a designer/artist finding financial backing to support their concept's but not when they loose their vision along the way. last week I was in Nordstrom and found that they are now carrying Dries along side Armani and the like. While it pleased me to find him more accessible, it set me back that this was too mainstream for such a creative spirit.

It reminds me of the early 70's when Billy Joel was putting out great music and was the boy from Cold Spring Harbor and all of a sudden he came out with The Stranger, he lost his edge but gained mass appeal and sold out arena's. His music was never the same again.

Success can be such a double edged sword and I sincerely hope Dries isn't going down that sell-out road, he's just too talented to waste it.

Also I was looking at some DVN today but it was all made in Turkey it really put me off.

well,i don't think one should be put off because turkey is quite a logical place since it has a certain fame for it's rich textiles. and of course dries is well known for his textiles and textures.

as for this resort....scratching my head.....total sell out if you ask me as well....agreed lena. and dries has never done resort,fyi. quite disappointing for a guy that's always been so uncompromising and thoughtful.

Lena, I know, this collection (if that is what you can call it) annoys me. It seems so uncharacteristic of his niche. I am all for a designer/artist finding financial backing to support their concept's but not when they loose their vision along the way. last week I was in Nordstrom and found that they are now carrying Dries along side Armani and the like. While it pleased me to find him more accessible, it set me back that this was too mainstream for such a creative spirit.

It reminds me of the early 70's when Billy Joel was putting out great music and was the boy from Cold Spring Harbor and all of a sudden he came out with The Stranger, he lost his edge but gained mass appeal and sold out arena's. His music was never the same again.

Success can be such a double edged sword and I sincerely hope Dries isn't going down that sell-out road, he's just too talented to waste it.

hey---:judge:
i liked that album...!!...:lol:...
*slow down, you crazy child, you're so ambitious for a juvenile...
but then if you're so strong tell me why are you still so afraid?...*

last fall and the current spring collection drew in a whole slew of new customers for him...i'm can only guess that he is trying to hang on to them now that he has their attention...
but seriously..are we POSITIVE this is dries???...

it might look very different with different models and different styling...
that is what is really jarring imo...
it makes it look so net-a -porter trendy...
but i admit that i have seen more and more of these girls buying dries lately...and paying top dollar for it!

so maybe it's a good thing...
i can never begrudge anyone financial success...
and if he does sell out and go in a different direction...
i am sure there are plenty of young designers to fill the void...

plus it really is those trendy hungry fashionistas who buy resort...cause they can never seem to stop shopping-even for a minute...:lol:....

i can say i would wear some of this...
but i think i would style it way different...
and way better-if i do say so myself...^_^...

^I agree with what you are saying about how much more popular he has become with your typical Barney's girl, but I still can't see why he would go in this direction. Especially because I think people were drawn to him because his look really has fit in with what has been so trendy the last few seasons more than the inverse (I don't think he has changed his designing to cater to those people---until this resort crap). The shoes are really what puzzles me, perhaps its because its resort and he couldn't be bothered to produce an entire range? But really, why not just show some classic Dries shoes with it? This is a very disappointing collection if its him, and I still would keep my fingers crossed that its an error and is not...

hey---:judge:
i liked that album...!!...:lol:...
*slow down, you crazy child, you're so ambitious for a juvenile...
but then if you're so strong tell me why are you still so afraid?...*

touché :wink:

maybe this is appropriate to this thread.

James/Turnstilles
"You were so relied upon, everybody knows how hard you tried-
Hey... just look at what a job you've done,
Carrying the weight of family pride."

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"