Diane von Furstenberg Resort 2008 New York

^ Dries has looked a little H&M, Forever 21 to me for years. :ninja:

It's the presentation that differs most; here, the only thing missing is the intellectual "aura" of his runway productions... I think... :ninja:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not really feeling it... I always treat Dries van Noten as a very unique fashion house. That collection is not like that in my opinion...

^ Dries has looked a little H&M, Forever 21 to me for years. :ninja:

It's the presentation that differs most; here, the only thing missing is the intellectual "aura" of his runway productions... I think... :ninja:

:huh:...
err...
it's pretty much the other way around...
since they have been copying dries and marni like mad!...
:P

^I agree with what you are saying about how much more popular he has become with your typical Barney's girl, but I still can't see why he would go in this direction. Especially because I think people were drawn to him because his look really has fit in with what has been so trendy the last few seasons more than the inverse (I don't think he has changed his designing to cater to those people---until this resort crap). The shoes are really what puzzles me, perhaps its because its resort and he couldn't be bothered to produce an entire range? But really, why not just show some classic Dries shoes with it? This is a very disappointing collection if its him, and I still would keep my fingers crossed that its an error and is not...

hey hey hey ... she said Nordstrom's, not Barney's ^_^

Agree about the shoes, that is what is really making me hopeful this is wrong ... do we have that this is Dries from two sources, or just one? To me Dries and CL are just two completely different sensibilities ... I can't imagine CL being the fallback.

As far as resort ... I like resort dammit :P One, I can usually start wearing spring here in February, so resort is there in the stores when I need it. Besides, I thought everyone loved resort for the under-exposed factor ... that's what all the magazines keep telling me, don't tell me it's not true :rolleyes:

I'm not even a DVN fanatic and I feel something is off here..

I cross my fingers and hope it's a mistake...The CL booties is a hopeful sign that it's not really a DVN collection

I was a little excited to open this thread to see what I'd like to buy but, unfortunately it doesn't look very Dries at all. I actually kept scrolling up to see if i was looking at the right thread.

Is this Dries? Why are they wearing Louboutin?

Anyway, this is rank. It's completely all over the place...

maybe that's his asst. who design this... non?
aren't resort and cruise collections the same? I mean they are out for us/you to wait btw the summer and fall outfits in shops.... the resort collections are like the cruise collections... this aim is just ECONOMIC! EARN MORE €€€€!

I believe he might be trying to go all sexy and sassy on us and this is the result...the prints are definitely still him as he's experimented with them before but the rest...if it were someone else it would be OK. Like Chloe for example.

no, dries :( i was all giddy thinking there would FINALLY be something worthwhile to look at (and that's always the case with dries), but this is stuff i feel i've seen in every high street store i've been to these last few days, and i swear my friend bought that black and white print dress in zara :P

Also I was looking at some DVN today but it was all made in Turkey it really put me off.

and so does your comment :doh:
whether you like it or not many famous fashion brands are made in Turkey.Even some of the Prada shoes are produced in Turkey but they write "made in Italy" :ninja: cos it's all about image :innocent:

oh wow...the pieces look either ugly or just plain boring

i have the same question too...did dries really design these?

:yuk:

what a mess. the swimsuits and that tunic cover-up thing. :sick:

that long pale green floral dress looks reminds me of the one kate moss did with topshop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe there is an answer to all question about Dries having really designed this collection. The collection is on nymag.... under the name of Diane von Furstenberg. I think there was maybe a mistake somewhere, from DVF to DVN...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->