Dior Homme F/W 2019.20 by Steven Meisel

See Kim Jones’ Latest Dior Campaign, Shot by Steven Meisel
July 11, 2019

Today, Dior released its Autumn/Winter 2019 menswear campaign, photographed by Steven Meisel. The series of images, which feature the Kim Jones-designed collection first shown in January in Paris, are a tribute to house founder Christian Dior’s first vocation as a gallerist (he was an art collector before he began his eponymous couture house). Accordingly, the backdrop of the campaign – white, paint-splattered walls, concrete floors and colourful stacked canvases – is inspired by the atelier of Californian artist Raymond Pettibon, whose distinct iconography was found on album covers by Black Flag, Sonic Youth, and several other prominent figures in the 1970s American punk movement. Some of those works feature here, as well as on the clothing itself: shown for the first time in the campaign, Jones has selected his favourite works by Pettibon to incorporate into the collection. “We selected some of our favourite pieces of Raymond’s work which had never been shown before because they were things I loved,” Jones said. Pettibon also reinterpreted the Dior logo, writing it, calligraphy-style, on a white backdrop.

anothermanmag.com

Blonde guy may be the cutest, but he's wearing outfits which make him look out of place. I like the production value and composition of this campaign, but I must say for me male models are really consistently uninteresting. They're not doing anything here. No defined poses or presence whatsoever. No wonder they're so disposable and it's so hard to build a following around them.
I suppose it's a win for the brand because my eyes venture directly to the clothes and setting, and that's really all the brand would need to underscore their aesthetic. And the clothes are styled aspirational enough. Hate the logo.

Boring clothes, boring models, boring photography.
Everything is instantly forgettable. Why is fashion so afraid of beautiful men??

I really like the casting. Kohei, Arno, Jeremiah, Guirec and Ludwig :bounce:

I even prefer to see Ruth and Selena.

I can't tolerate reading "Meisel" on the title of the thread.

Just like Kim’s design for Dior Homme Nothing really changed. It is pretty much the same sh*t seasons after seasons with different print.
From one of the most promising debut to this. He has stopped changing himself. His LV is not going to be the same thing after 2-3 seasons which made me think he is versatile enough to rebrand Dior
What a disappointment

KVA’s campaigns had so much class and elegance. This just looks childish, especially with that horrendous logo.

Honestly I wish this collection was shot by Paolo Roversi. It would have been more interesting. Meisel is now as dull as Vandeperre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uppmuntra
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->