Dior Homme S/S 2010 : Juan Manuel Arancibia by Karl Lagerfeld

Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score

thefashionisto

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow.. this is Lagerfeld? I love it. I love the way the model is looking away from the camera + the clothes look gorgeous.

Wow, I'm speechless. The light on the first shot is incredible.
And by the way, Karl's work is getting better, it's quite astonishing.

This is fantastic. It's simple, clothes are the highlight, it's very laid back, that's what I like about it. Much better than last season's collage.

Juan Manuel is argentinian... He had his first fashion week last season and he only walked kris van assche and Dior Home shows... Sooooo extremely happy for him.. he deserves it so much!

I want to applaud Karl for trying to explore more the less is more motto and wishing to join Vanderperre and Slimane with this kind of style but seriously, he needed a few more tests before being published and should've gone with his usual textured backgrounds and effects, his photography somehow manages to be more captivating that way.. this whole 'look at the wall' spontaneous posing (done successfully when Carlotta Manaigo shot for the brand) just looks too random and uncomfortable for the model, like he's counting to 5 for the click! and hear what he has to do next, the third shot in particular is just too tense and the clothes, despite the emphasis, end up looking far too mundane, which is the opposite result when this kind of style is executed properly.

I like it, It finally gives Dior Homme the rigth look under KVA, I loved the collection and I hope him to continue exploring this more realxed style on january.

and I want those shoes!!!

I like this, even if im rather not impressed by Karl's pictures, how could you do wrong with an Hasselblad and with a team behing you... but this suits Dior Homme perfectly.

better than last season!

actually i agree the posing was a bit uncomfortable looking-but it's still pretty good

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to applaud Karl for trying to explore more the less is more motto and wishing to join Vanderperre and Slimane with this kind of style but seriously, he needed a few more tests before being published and should've gone with his usual textured backgrounds and effects, his photography somehow manages to be more captivating that way.. this whole 'look at the wall' spontaneous posing (done successfully when Carlotta Manaigo shot for the brand) just looks too random and uncomfortable for the model, like he's counting to 5 for the click! and hear what he has to do next, the third shot in particular is just too tense and the clothes, despite the emphasis, end up looking far too mundane, which is the opposite result when this kind of style is executed properly.

agree with everything.

it's decent but needs a little more work in it's thought process.

Very Hedi Slimane prefer the original

I rather like this.
The only bad thing about last seasons (F/W 09; This seasons?) is the shoddy layout.
But yeah, it's unconventional to have the model looking away.
It does go very well with the collection, though.

karl's certainly proven his photography chops this season between this campaign, fendi and chanel

Thank gawd I like the campaign cause the collection was straight out fugly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->