Dior Men Resort 2022 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, May 25, 2021.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. toffie

toffie Member

I really am not ready for oversized baggy pants to be everywhere. In my opinion, Kim’s Vuitton looked best for ss17 where the pants were slim fitted.

I guess we can count on Hedi not following this trend.

christian zh and Salvatore like this.
  3. avonlea002

avonlea002 Well-Known Member

Zara looks lovely as usual.

Mrs.T, Frida, thiago:) and 1 other person like this.
  4. Kimihiro

Kimihiro Member

Baggy pants look contrived. I completely lost track with how many collections Dior churn out a year.

Frida, jeanclaude and RedSmokeRise like this.
  5. THD96

THD96 Well-Known Member

Tisci Givenchy influence is as strong as ever.

6. helmutnotdead

helmutnotdead Well-Known Member

“Zara SRPLS lookbook by Craig McDean”.

Norden and jeanclaude like this.
  7. Salvatore

Salvatore Wanderlust

Love the colours and that's it. I liked what Kim did at Dior at the start of his time here, but it's starting to lose its appeal for me.

8. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

I have to be honest, most of the men I’ve seen in his Dior looked pretty unremarkable. Despite being a good designer, his clothes kinda lacks in personality...Or maybe a lot of Dior customers have terrible style...Or a total absence of style.

It’s a pity because I think his Vuitton was very directional! It sold you a taste, an aesthetic. Here we just have pieces...

Mody, susseinmcswanny, Frida and 8 others like this.
  9. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

Too neutered, even by his standards there isn't much to see, there's not one idea that stands out. The thought of dragging the hem of my pants on the floor gives me anxiety...so that silhouette is clearly not for me.

joedago, Nomar and jeanclaude like this.
  10. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Well-Known Member

The background, and overall style of the photoshoot, reminds me of Ikea catalogues...which is odd!

Phuel and Fulton St Critique like this.
  11. Yasouss

Yasouss Active Member

Oh boy....this is what happens when you don't have a flashy show and some artist collaboration. His clothes are good basics, but they can't stand on their own as something remarkable, especially for Dior.

gazebo, Phuel, jeanclaude and 2 others like this.
  12. dior_couture1245

dior_couture1245 Fat Karl

He makes the dweebiest clothes for men ever.

13. JohannesL

JohannesL Well-Known Member

It does match the spirit of MGC's Dior women: shallow, and without any substance!

joedago, Phuel and jeanclaude like this.
  14. tricotineacetat

tricotineacetat Well-Known Member

Not that I'd very much enjoy this collection, but I am still a bit surprised about the controversy the more voluminous shape of the trousers are receiving when they have shown up elsewhere before (with even wider legs at Lemaire) and have not seen any negative response then. Personally, I find it nice to have a bit of variety in silhouette and a more loose, wide-legged pant has been (at least for me) the easiest way to incorporate that.

Phuel likes this.
  15. Kimihiro

Kimihiro Member

There is no singular Dior Men customer, as is befitting of the contemporary House of Dior. The pieces, taken out of the trappings of a runway presentation often feels pretty, but universal in a safe way.

Most customers buy Dior Men now because they are Dior, not because it projects a conviction or a lifestyle except being able to afford one.

16. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

Having grown up during the splendour of Tom Ford’s illustrious Gucci reign, switching between full/wide-leg pant and a more tailored fitted pant is as common as alternating from a Marlon Brando classic fitted motorcycle jacket to an Alain Delone full-length trench. These Dior pants do admittedly look well-cut— unlike the Lemaire-versions that look comically raver-extreme.

@jeanclaude: IKEA products have more presence and personality than Kim’s designs, frankly. There’s always a solid quality coat from this Dior like the opening one, and everything else is like department-store wallpaper and elevator music: Inoffensive, nondescript and bland. No wonder he’s a success in these inoffensive, nondescript and bland fashion days.

joedago, Fulton St Critique and Frida like this.
  17. Fulton St Critique

Fulton St Critique Active Member

I usually hold my tongue when it comes to discussing Jones work for fear of being beaten down by his supports lol. He can design a coat, and his styling is always solid. I truly believe life is all about timing, and his aesthetic has been a perfect response to the street wear movement. It works because his sporty, relaxed style is easy to embrace and fits with a younger more consumer focused demographic. I just can’t get behind his hype at Dior Homme (Men, whatever). I really enjoyed last seasons militant collection. It was sharp, very cohesive and enjoyable. But this??? Besides the wide trouser which is so wearable and very trendy at the moment, it is just another bout of boring clothes that have no real identity whatsoever. I may receive flack for this, but I would rather take 50 KVA suits coming down a runway than this. Snooze.

Phuel likes this.
  18. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

^^^ Does he have any supporters on TFS…??? Of course he's a success... But if he didn’t have the Dior brand (and the Vuitton brand) on his wears, no one would be buying any of his aesthetic: He and his fashions is the personification of nondescript— like a department store's in-house brand that churns out their accessible versions of designer on a factory schedule.

Like Johannes already posted— he’s the male Maria Grazia. And for once in the brand’s existence, the men’s and women’s are perfectly attuned to one another: Solid and wearable high-quality clothes— and also perfectly bland and creatively-void. If money was no object and I were shopping, I would and could definitely pick up a handful of stuff at his Dior Men (bite your tongue, Fulton: this person is never going o be worthy of being mentioned in the same breathe as Hedi’s Dior Homme…). And that’s the secret of his success: Just generic, well-made clothes for the rich.

Kimihiro and joedago like this.
  19. Fulton St Critique

Fulton St Critique Active Member

That was I was saying with the archival/heritage house advantage! Of course no one would buy his clothing without the LV or Dior tag! I am not sure anyone on this forum likes him, but he definitely has a loyal base. I love that description of his work “nondescript”. I couldn’t have said it better myself.

I find it interesting how he acts so intellectual and sophisticated though. I was watching an interview in which he discussed his personal archive that was filled with art work, old English “royalty” clothing from the likes of Vivienne Westwood and such, and supposedly 6,000 vinyl records. For someone so cultured, how these so called relics do not translate into his work is beyond me. Truly he spends more time collecting than pushing menswear forward, but hey, that is just my opinion.

20. dior_couture1245

dior_couture1245 Fat Karl

I'll never understand the accolades he gets...and how he's always touted as having his finger on the pulse of what young, beautiful men are wearing??? Because young guys do not dress like this, and if they are, it's only because it's a promotional advertising opportunity and the clothes have been gifted to them.

He's a boomer who wishes he was young and hot. That's it.

Frida, GivenchyHomme, Olaffo and 2 others like this.