Discontinued Products That We Adore!

Lipgloss&Cigs

Reaction score
i threw a fit when nars discontinued Lolita lipgloss, and then even angrier when mac stopped its partner in crime, succulent lipglass!! why!!! does anyone else find that the best colours are always stopped??

Yup, my favorite nail color, MAC Venus, was discontinued. I get compliments on it all the time ... even from the people at the MAC counter :D But I get it on eBay. I'll be very sad when I can't get it there anymore ...

in my part of the world.. the erno lazlo 2 part hydrating mask where you mixed the powder with the serum.. best selling product! any erno lazlo is no longer available here though.. :cry:

Pinky* said:
in my part of the world.. the erno lazlo 2 part hydrating mask where you mixed the powder with the serum.. best selling product! any erno lazlo is no longer available here though.. :cry:

where do you live? i know that the holt renfrew in vancouver, bc still has erno...

I rarely use avon products but they had a lip gloss called sheer nourishment shimmering lip gloss.......best cheap lip gloss ever. It had tiny sparkles in it (i normally hate sparkles as most companies are heavy handed with the sparkles) and it really did make your lips look like they were shimmering. It also was a great moisturizer.

dlg

lipgloss&cigs - thats great news!! from what i understood it was that EL wasnt covering costs and had to sell themselves to another company.. at first they pulled out of a lot of places and some retailers didn't bother to get relicensed with them.. hopefully i can find the mask! thx soo much for the tip!! :flower:

Maybelline diamonds lipgloss in bright orange.. Oh how I miss you... :( I don't know why, but I'm a sucker for orange makeup.

cardboardboxed said:
Maybelline diamonds lipgloss in bright orange.. Oh how I miss you... :( I don't know why, but I'm a sucker for orange makeup.

I have a mac lipglass in orange, called succulent, that you should love :flower:

sofialuv said:
I have a mac lipglass in orange, called succulent, that you should love :flower:
I don't like lipglasses, I think they're waaaaay too thick and sticky. :( Which is a pity, because they really do have some nice colors.

MAC lustre lipstick in "Entwined"...ok,so it wasn't strictly discontinued because it was limited edition,but it is so perfect for me (a soft,honeyed pinky-nude),why didn't I buy 2? And what will I do when this one is finished? It's perfect for day,night,everywhere...:cry:

MAC lipstick in Fine n Dandy, was LE as part of the D'bohemia range :cry:

Clarins Turquoise flash eye shimmer pencil - again, only LE but so beautiful :(

MAC Mineralized Skinfinishes. The.Perfect.Glow.

Though rumor has it they're bringing them back this summer. MAC always gets me with the limited edition stuff. Always.

There was this powder foundation stick that L'Oreal did a few yrs ago - it was like a silver tube and it was such a good foundation considering it's budget! I used to have to go to Duane Reade in NYC to get it when they discontinued it in the UK. Now, I don't even think L'Oreal in the US has it anymore....

QuirkyCool said:
MAC lustre lipstick in "Entwined"...ok,so it wasn't strictly discontinued because it was limited edition,but it is so perfect for me (a soft,honeyed pinky-nude),why didn't I buy 2? And what will I do when this one is finished? It's perfect for day,night,everywhere...:cry:

Quirky, there's a couple places that do custom lipcolor & can match it for you ... Prescriptives does this in limited locations, Three Custom Lip Colors (I think) is another ... and some magazine, maybe Allure, sent someone to several different places to custom match a favorite lipstick with no label, and they showed the results ... I want to say Prescriptives was the best ... I think this was within the past 6 months.

QuirkyCool said:
There was a MAC Lustre lipstick in "Entwined" that ended on e bay 12th of March winning bid $8.49 ..so if you keep your eyes on e bay you might be able to get it there :flower: I personally like MAC's Lustre lipstick in syrup..isn't that similar (I know..I know.."similar" wont do when you've had perfection..)

Thank you ta-ta and Hanne ...woohoo,I may not have to do without then!! I'm afraid I'm out of karma for 24 hours or something,but advice appreciated :flower: .

i discoverd (in the back of my cupboard) a bottle of powder from Innoxa called 'angel dust' and its my new HG. its a pinky-gold shimmer that i use on my eyes and it just goes on beautifully. ive had it for so long (and forgotten about it) that Innoxa doesnt make it any more, and i dont know where im going to get something similar!

I was so sad when I couldn't use my Clinique Double Mascara anymore, it came in a xmas edition and I haven't seen it in stores around here

that is the best mascara I have ever used

Revlon had this lip stuff in the color "Blast"...color on one side, gloss on the other... fantastic nude shade. I find one on Ebay every once in a while..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->