Discontinued Products That We Adore!

sofialuv said:
I have a mac lipglass in orange, called succulent, that you should love :flower:

as i said, succulent was discontinued...that makes me sad...but i'm sure that we can go to Prescriptives and they can make something very close to the products that we miss!:heart:

daddyslittlegrl8 said:
I rarely use avon products but they had a lip gloss called sheer nourishment shimmering lip gloss.......best cheap lip gloss ever. It had tiny sparkles in it (i normally hate sparkles as most companies are heavy handed with the sparkles) and it really did make your lips look like they were shimmering. It also was a great moisturizer.

dlg

apparently, a woman i know who manages a cosmetics counter at Holt Renfrew says that Avon has some of the most high-quality makeup and skin care, and the reason that they can sell it so cheap is because it is mass-produced...so maybe i should start buying avon!!

susie_bubble said:
There was this powder foundation stick that L'Oreal did a few yrs ago - it was like a silver tube and it was such a good foundation considering it's budget! I used to have to go to Duane Reade in NYC to get it when they discontinued it in the UK. Now, I don't even think L'Oreal in the US has it anymore....

I think you're talking about Quick stick! I loved that product from Loreal...

I HATE it when things get discontinued... it's like.. you just find things that are great for you and now it's gone!

Recently I've been trying to find these: Too Faced Kiss Stick in French Kiss, Too Faced Lipstick in You're no Lady, Cargo Lip Gloss Duo in Flin Flon LOVED THIS... but NO MORE!

That foundation sometimes is sold on cheap cosmetics sites (which i love!) and where you can find a LOT of discontinued products too!

Lipgloss&Cigs said:
apparently, a woman i know who manages a cosmetics counter at Holt Renfrew says that Avon has some of the most high-quality makeup and skin care, and the reason that they can sell it so cheap is because it is mass-produced...

That's very interesting. I've come to find that I really like some of Avon's products... their brow liner and tinted moisturizer, to name a couple... thanks for the tidbit.

I'm not too loyal to any one color or product... so fortunately, I rarely run into that discontinued roadblock. ^_^

I liked 17 fatlash mascara in brownblack. It wasn't the greatest mascara out there but it was about half the price of it's equals and a lot better than some more expensive brands. It has changed from one water-proof, thickening and lengthening mascara to four different types and you have can only choose one of the above.
Luckily I have one and a half packets left because I bought a new one on impulse. Haven't seen it since then.

Lipgloss&Cigs said:
apparently, a woman i know who manages a cosmetics counter at Holt Renfrew says that Avon has some of the most high-quality makeup and skin care, and the reason that they can sell it so cheap is because it is mass-produced...so maybe i should start buying avon!!
I'm an Avon addict because I like the quality of the makeup. The best mascara I have ever used is their Daring Definition because it lasts as long as I want it to. I have slept in it and it's been on the next morning.

Anywhoo back to the topic...my favourite discontinued product is Avon Sun Shades lip gloss. I have a shade called Vegas Shimmer which is the best ever. There's also a perfume called Wink which I got right as it was being discontinued and it's really good.

thought of another one-
elizabeth arden cheek lustre! the most natural colour in a creamy consistency thats really easy to apply and blend. i have a tube thats about 7 years old, but it still smells ok and looks great so i figure its ok to use.

MAC eye shadow in Night Owl. It's this perfect dark navy with a bit of shimmer and I use it for eyeliner. I dread having to find a replacement!

chanel lipstick in "soliel". it's the perfect warm, sheer gold with a pinkish undertone... what i would do for another tube :( i cannot find anything similar. and there is NOTHING better with a tan in the summer! sigh.

-Lorac lip/cheek shimmer in Heat
-Jane eye-zing in Magical Mushroom

Staphane Marais creme foundation. The best. foundation. ever. invented!

MAC Parrot Eyeshadow...apparently it was a limited edition. I have very little left in my pan. :(

Clarins Eye mask - it's been 'replaced' with the the Clarins Beauty Flash Balm for eyes but it's just a differnet product - more brightening than moisturising...

It's sad when they discontinue things :( I wonder why they do it? Is it just because they aren't huge sellers? Or do they just like constantly coming out with new products?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->