DIY fashion ideas

Amazing, Cocoly. I'll have to try it myself. :flower:

I wonder if any fabric would do. I have a fairly thick black shirt that would do nicely since it's faded and could use an "update."

The Ida thanks for the tutorial, here's my version of Burberry SS 2010 draped skirt:
DIYburberryskirt2_stylehurricane.jpg

DIYburberryskirt_stylehurricane.jpg

own photos

Oh my cocoly - you are sooooo talented 0_o

I thinking about doing a kimono, well not actual kimono but more like kimono-robe, kimono inspired house-wear . Could anyone help? And sketch or something that i can find online ( i searched but i couldn't find anything enough good )

The Ida thanks for the tutorial, here's my version of Burberry SS 2010 draped skirt:
Mmm Yes. ! that looks great. I love the fabric you have chosen. I've been putting off making a skirt like it for yonks. But you just made me put doing so on top of my list. I'll look through my stash of fabric tomorrow to see if I have anything that would be nice for this.. ^_^

^ Would be sooo cool to have a diy version of the mirror shoes!

I love the selfknitted rodarte inspired sweater and the shredded tshirt above! :wink:

A few days ago I searched throug my scrapbook and found some diy-inspo from an old vogueissue:

IMG_3563.jpg

Decided to make my own! Bought an oversized, grey knit at h&m, and started to make.. To make.. What's it called in english? Those puffed balls :lol: in Norwegian we call it "dusker"!

IMG_3564.jpg

Suddenly i was really unsecure if this looked like som weird artistic-homemade-mommy-thing or if it could be cute. I need some advice, cause i will not spend my time making pyffy balls ("dusker") to fill it up with if its an disaster. :yuk: Watcha say?

^ Would be sooo cool to have a diy version of the mirror shoes!
I never DIY, myself ... so I cannot really tell. I'm no expert.
But I guess : break the mirror (as you would break some mosaic) and then stick them on your heels. I think a well done platform would make it easier.

Here the blogger DIYer reply to a comment on her blog :

Thanks! I found an enormous bag of mirror scraps on ebay for next to nothing (1 lb? or was it 1 1/2 lb? for $6!) Amazing the things you can buy online. Anyway, I cut the shards with a glass cutter, crushed some, snapped others, just to make them as irregular as possible. It wasn't very difficult to cut the pieces, although it did get ugly at one point, when I got frustrated and started snapping them with my bare hands, haha...
http://www.indecoroustaste.com/2009/12/cinderella-20.html

DIY trench coat ....

Sarah (from Colette) at MMM
ilovesorbet.blogspot.com

Attachments

• 4292867769_9f649fe84e_o.jpg
    4292867769_9f649fe84e_o.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 8
Nay, Christina! Even the photo of the magazine, I wouldn't wear it. The sweater itself is cute. :flower:

I made that Givenchy inspired studded headband:
Givenchy:
givenchyheadband.png

my version:
givenchydiy_annijrgenson.jpg

givenchydiy_annijrgenson7.jpg

I can make you tutorial later if you want to.

vogue.com / own photos

Cocoly: where did you get the headband?

Here is my latest DIY. It took forever because each bead is hand sewn! I was looking to replicate these McQueen boots. I will eventually do this again with my black boots, once my carpal tunnel goes away!

Original Inspiration
00130m.jpg

Style.com

The results:
DSC02557.jpg

I'm loving these ideas, cery inspiring.
I love those shoes, must have taken ages!:heart:
I think I'll have to try the Burberry skirt as I've been eyeing that up on Net-a-porter for some time.

I have made one! I posted it in the 'sewing' thread, but I can post it here too.
rk24gg.png

I can't believe I posted my Mcqueen DIY right before the announcement of his death. This has become a tribute to him in more ways than one.

I'm usually not a huge DIY person since I'm so damn lazy, but I am loving this thread. Recently made my own slave bracelet, originally inspired by the Clover web bracelet:
web-bracelet-0a.jpg

photo from bonadrag.com

Here's mine, when I first made it:
29fqfj4.jpg
25hjrs0.jpg

Then I made it simpler, and oxidized it a little:
2v00ljk.jpg

Then made it even darker:
11lr39d.jpg
2d8n8cg.jpg

Sorry for such crappy photos, the last ones are from my webcam. I like to think it looks better in person.

(Last 5 images by me)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apriloneil1987
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->