DKNY Cruise 2010

Part 1

fashionising.com

Last edited by a moderator:
DKNY Cruise 2010

Part 2

fashionising.com

it's the recession; IMO no cruise line is better than this H &m stuff.

this soo forever 21 and im really getting sick of seeing skinny jeans , its officially over kill now

Everything about it screams pre-teen wannabe trendy. In fact I think even the models are pre-teens.

two of the dresses remind me of lanvin. a very cheap and tacky knock off of lanvin.

^Well to be honest anything that copies Lanvin usually ends up looking like a tacky knock off. Its irreproducable.

The second set if offensive, the first is not as awful, but close enough. The black strapless gown with sequin circles all over is all sorts of ugly. And so not Donna Karan, I might add. If she wanted a that 'bow' element to be dominant, why not play into that and use it in a more tongue-in-cheek way?

It is DKNY: it is supposed to be playful and young. But this is a little banal. Is this it, or are there more pieces?

well, isn't that the really the idea of diffusion lines? high street clothes for at least 5-times the price? to me, that's the beauty of it. :lol:

These looks do not even reflect Donna Karan or her DKNY vision.

Some say that she is designing less and less and making her assistants do the whole thing. I would respect that if that is her decision, since she has build an empire by sheer hard work, and it may be the time to move away and shift things a little, but this feels so empty and truly void of any true spirit.

^ DKNY has been that way for a while now though. If she's focusing her efforts anywhere (and I assume she is to some degree) it's in the collection line.

Honestly I think something needs to be done to shake DKNY up. Either wipe the slate clean and slowly give it it's own personality (like what Miu Miu is to Prada or Versus was to Versace) or concentrate on making it a more affordable, approachable version of the Donna Karan collection, like Rick Owens Lilies.

it kind of reminds of a cheap DVF....however there is something to be said for the fact that it isin't overstyled.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->