Doc Martens

thanks runner...
:flower:

keeping it all in the family...
those yamamotos love their doc martens...
:lol:...

those yohji ones (Y's) seem to have two different toes...
i am definitely curious about them and would like to see them in person to see how they are different than regular docs...
and if the zip is the only difference...

from the pic
the white ones seem a bit more refined, with a longer toe

i'm just curious because i have never liked doc martens for myself, even though i like the idea of them...
they seem like a very young thing to me...
maybe because they just remind me of those punk days...
and everyone was young back then...
seems like it would be difficult to carry them off as you age...
like you're still holding onto your youth or something...

i don't say it's impossible...just difficult...
:P

so a more refined version is of interest to me...

I think it depends somewhat on personal style, too, as opposed to age. For example, Gwen Stefani is "older" (40s?) but the way she dresses just suits docs. For example: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/showpost.php?p=11342045&postcount=889

I tend to wear mine only with jeans so they are like any casual boot in that sense. But yeah, I can see how they might look odd on an "older" person.

Last edited by a moderator:
seems like it would be difficult to carry them off as you age...
like you're still holding onto your youth or something...

i don't say it's impossible...just difficult...

so a more refined version is of interest to me...

well, i wouldn't wear them with a mini-skirt or babydoll dress or leggings.

i like them worn with slim, tailored trousers, or in general with a very streamlined, sleek outfit. They are def not an elegant shoe though....

i don't understand...laika
would you pull the pants over the boots...?
then you're basically hiding most of the boot, so ---
you might as well just wear something else...

or are you tucking pants into the boot?...
and then doesnt it become sort of bunchy and not sleek at all anymore?

hmmm...
i guess i would wear leggings...
:ninja:...
which is why i think it's too young a look...

i love gwen stefani ...
but that girl would look good in a burlap sack and crocs...

Last edited by a moderator:
^cropped pants :flower:

Or, a longer pair sort of half-tucked into the boot. If they're well tailored and drape nicely
(like Yohji pants, especially the wool gab ones :P), i don't think it looks sloppy at all...

anyway, my issue with Docs is that i hate the breaking in period, particularly
with the boots....it takes forever and they are total torture to wear in the meantime. but i guess some of these designer versions are made with softer leather so that would be less of a problem? or maybe this nappa version is better...

{dmusastore}

11822002.png

hmm...
ok- cropped pants...
well---
i like that on models on the runway...
but it's not quite as fab on my 5'4" frame...imho...

*ps-
people already think i'm a lesbian...
can you imagine if i started wearing docs?!?...

yes with the white ones there is some classic-sports-car-like long nose effect working greatly in the pic and also slightly in person, maybe due to the black sole contrast. but the model is the same, just the upper color difference.

just remembered one of the images from 2013 april Y's campaign where maria schneider is coincidentally wearing that black version.

yohjiyamamoto.co.jp

i war docs quite a bit, so ahem, even old ladies feel comfortable in them...;-)
i replaced many years ago, very old worn out ones, with the original issue YY07 (they have the YY stamp on them tone on tone so rather subliminal), they were the first ones i had ever seen with an inside zipper so i bought them. mostly i wear them with self-made cropped denim with silky asian-inspired applique on the bottoms, but sometimes with dresses that dont necessarily obviously go together. i also wear them with very skinny black jeans but i guess my point is this old lady wears docs and never feels out of place in them, quite the contrary. they are my go to boots when i know i will be walking a lot and want to tone things down to my level of comfort.

00120my.jpg

style

yes with the white ones there is some classic-sports-car-like long nose effect working greatly in the pic and also slightly in person, maybe due to the black sole contrast. but the model is the same, just the upper color difference.

just remembered one of the images from 2013 april Y's campaign where maria schneider is coincidentally wearing that black version.

yohjiyamamoto.co.jp

wow- thanks for clarifying...
i'm kind of shocked that they could look so different...
:shock:

they just look like regular docs in that pic you posted...
at least i can't see much difference...
but i'm not exactly a DM connoisseur...

^ :clap: Yay luckyme!! I am not the only "old" lady wearing docs around. :wink: I do occasionally wear mine with a dress, or leggings, too. They are perfect for walking though and they can look quite sharp methinks.

softgrey:
ps-
people already think i'm a lesbian...
can you imagine if i started wearing docs?!?...

:lol: Just do it! Who cares what "they" think. ^_^

saw the cutest girl today wearing oxblood docs with cutouts on the sides...
all black sole with black stitching...
much less clunky that regular docs...

she was so adorable that i had to tell her...

still thinking they are better for someone other than me though...

the toe on the maryjanes is great!
and i really like the shiny box calf...

nice find-runner...
thx

another limi one
just came out the other day

fashionpress

^ Those are cool.

I had a pair of doc mary-janes years ago; loved them and wore them out!

oooh i like those too...they look like spats. very cool.

i have to say i've always liked the look of a doc marten boot....style and structure and all but i never was quite fond of that that classic glossy finish as opposed to a broken-in worn combat boot look like those versions you posted luckyme....i think as they've returned and started collaborating and evolving,i see more textures and materials being used than when they were popular in my teens. i really wish they would bring back the monochrome style because i just liked the look of them. they had more of a matte finish to them that appealed to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->