Doc Martens

Just got my first pair of 14 eye docs with zips. I had always thought doc martens looked too chunky and humorous until I tried them on and found they look quite elegant, even for supposed grown adults like myself :lol:. I like wearing them as foil for my more dressed up and feminine longer skirts and dresses. Love the durability and comfort. (dmusastore.com)

^yeah,one thing docs have stood the test of time in is overall comfort….i can walk for hours in those things and my feet won't hurt.

another limi one
just came out the other day

fashionpress

i LOVE those...
i have the pic saved on my desktop right next to the pic of the prada ones that i got this season...
they seem very happy together!

i didn't see these when i was in tokyo though?
just regular limi boots, which i did try on, but they didn't make my heart sing...

this season definitely seems to be the season of docs...
they are just everywhere...
saw such a cute girl wearing short lace ups with a tube skirt...
very similar to how i dressed when i was in college, circa 1986...
i had to stop and tell her how cute she was...
:P

congrats melisande...
good for you...
i still can't do it, even though i think they look cute on others...
the tall ones are definitely sexy...
my friend had them when we were at FIT...
she used to wear them with fishnets and hotpants with a flannel shirt tied round her waist...while she was bartending...
that was during the grunge years...
and she was dating some guy from alice in chains...
:lol:...:mohawk:

^:lol: those were the years,no? i did that whole flannel+docs combo myself when i was a teen…awful when i look back though…

i actually got a pair of the mono black ones….very modern but still retains that classic 1460 appeal i like.

14353001.png

*dmusastore.com

haha...
yeah- those were some crazy days...

ooh...
i like them, scott !

very elegant...
just those little details make a big difference...

i really missed out though on the mono white ones they had a couple years ago….they made me think of margiela somehow. they had them in blue,green,pink & violet as well.

Ooh, I really like the white ones, yes.

I hardly see anyone wearing Docs in Paris, and I just caused an "incident" today.

The manager of my local supermarket was sweeping the aisles when he stopped in his tracks upon seeing me, pointed at my Docs and cried out for all to hear, "KHO-LA-LA! KHA-LA-LA! Attention, les chaussures de gendarmes!" Whereupon two or three guys came by to admire them and politely ask if I give out kicks in the shins. I said I only do it when necessary and walked away.

Hmm...!

Last edited by a moderator:
they were flirting with you!!!...

:lol:...
nice reply...
looking like a gendarmes sounds pretty good to me!...
^_^

just as soon as i posted that i saw that the e-shop added the white ones again….YES! i wanted both,anyway of course.

I really like them, although personally I think they're too expensive for what they are, but that's just my opinion :smile:

^ oh man I love those

I bought my first pair of doc martens (1461) about a month ago and oh my god these are hard to break in!! the scabs left over on the back of my heels are no joke, that's for sure. I really hope they get comfortable over time, wow.

they will. i would suggest buying some of that wonder balsam...it will soften the leather which will help you break in the shoes better.

Doc Martens are really cool. I had my first pair when I was little (classic black), and I have bought the second one 3 years ago. I think they will last many many years, and it's perfect to walk in the snow. Just have to really take care of the leather. The only negative point is that it makes the foot looks very large.

I wore a pair of 14 eyelet Docs to school every day for two (maybe more) years! Looking back I don't know how I managed it but my calf muscles were amazing because of them!

from limi feu this spring

the denim cover is detachable. the leather strap can be arranged in a different way accordingly.

they are there as one of the denim items this season like the jacket.

apalog

^^
is it black denim or dk blue?

i don't know...
something is off balance with the boots...
maybe it's the laces ? ...
i like the leather strap though...

it's dark blue
it's okay to me since it's a bit like parman.

homepage2.nifty

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->