Dolce & Gabbana "Rose the One Fragrance" : Scarlett Johansson

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Scarlett Johansson is definitely Dolce & Gabbana's muse these days. The famous actress has recently become the face of their cosmetics products, and now she also stars in the campaign presenting D&G's new perfume.

Rose The One is the sister fragrance to The One. After three years on the market, The One has evolved with new hints of red grape, mandarin, lychee, peony and vanilla.

The perfume is to go on sale in September - it promises to be a big seller...

photo and blurb credit : viewonfashion

Attachments

• rose1.jpg
    rose1.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 54
  • rose2.jpg
    rose2.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 19
The ad is gorgeous, I love the colors & how she looks :crush:

Last edited by a moderator:
god why is scarlett everywhere? she's gorgeous but she's definitely not a good model. i'm so tired of this same expression.

god why is scarlett everywhere?

Excuse me, but I don't see her everywhere, she did a while ago the accessories campaign for Dolce & now for the fragrance ... how come she's everywhere?

the dolce & gabbana cosmetics campaign + moet and chandon + mango + vogue paris + this fragrance - all in 2009, so it feels like she's everywhere to me. if she was good in this maybe it wouldn't, but since she isn't it seems too much.

Is that so many ... ? Oh ok, so you think she's not good on this -> so immediately you think she's everywhere ... that doesn't make sense to me, judging by the fact that more than half year has passed already, that amount of campaigns/covers do not sound many at all. If she's everywhere, what about Lara, Natasha, Anna, etc ... ? I for once wished she was doing editorials for VP or US Vogue, than these campaigns.

first of all, it's ok for me that you wished she was in Vogue Paris and US Vogue. we don't have to agree. that was just my immediate feeling, i had no idea i'd bother you with my reaction, and i still feel like she's everywhere - it's a feeling, it won't change. and maybe i'm just badly informed, but i can't remember seeing other actress that often in fashion campaigns this year. marion got lady dior, jennifer connely got balenciaga... scarlett got four + VP.
and yes, lara and natasha are everywhere. so is eniko mihalik. and if anna is anna j, she got 12 campaigns recently, and that was also too much imo. but am i supposed to compare them to scarlett? they are models, they're doing their job, and very well. if they had to act they probably wouldn't be as good as scarlett.
i'm not a model-maniac who can't see an actress in a fashion campaign, i just think that four is more than one or two. but still, that doesn't bother me that much, i don't take these things too seriously and if scarlett gets four more campaigns in the future, good for her.

i'm close to gettin sick of "scarlett the model" but this is good. love the colors!

I only really liked her ad for Calvin Klein Eternity. She's pretty but she should stick to acting, not modeling.

I love everything, set, styling, colours (its all very Bourdin) except her face. She looks stoned.

she's pretty but please stick to the acting world please... :smile: and she looks weird in that shot. need to see more

I am the only one that doesn't like this? does nothing for me and Scalett is bland as usual

first of all, it's ok for me that you wished she was in Vogue Paris and US Vogue. we don't have to agree. that was just my immediate feeling, i had no idea i'd bother you with my reaction, and i still feel like she's everywhere - it's a feeling, it won't change. and maybe i'm just badly informed, but i can't remember seeing other actress that often in fashion campaigns this year. marion got lady dior, jennifer connely got balenciaga... scarlett got four + VP.
and yes, lara and natasha are everywhere. so is eniko mihalik. and if anna is anna j, she got 12 campaigns recently, and that was also too much imo. but am i supposed to compare them to scarlett? they are models, they're doing their job, and very well. if they had to act they probably wouldn't be as good as scarlett.
i'm not a model-maniac who can't see an actress in a fashion campaign, i just think that four is more than one or two. but still, that doesn't bother me that much, i don't take these things too seriously and if scarlett gets four more campaigns in the future, good for her.

The fact is that you are tired of her and you don't really like her, that's why you feel like she's everywhere, I feel the same sometimes. I think that Scarlett, that's one of the most beautiful women in the world and is a true beauty, should be showing even more of her.

Lara, Natasha, Eniko etc are models, that's for sure, they are doing they job, but shouldn't the things be more balanced, where are the other models in the middle of all this, when there's 5 or 6 models that are getting everything that there's to get? They for sure are everywhere and that's a fact, not a feeling. I usually keep my feelings to myself & comment on facts.

She looks lifeless and boring. Gisele's was more captivating.
This looks just like her cosmetics campaign. They could of at least some something different.

I think its odd for D+G to release so many perfumes over a short period of time. they have JUST released their 5 fragrance anthology inspired by tarot cards and now this...

so i dont see this doing well.

and they are releasing MORE of the tarot inspired scents next year...

Enough with Scarlett. The woman is the female David Beckham: sells everything that they offer her. cK, LV, Dolce, Reebok, Moet, Mango, Loreal... I get it she is pretty, but enough already. God knows what other campaigns she has over in Japan that we don't know about in the Western hemisphere.

On the other hand, if this one includes the miraculous(!) peony and vanilla combination, it will sell like crazy. Wish we could see a gorge model or two instead of her, but hoping for a fresh face like a female David Gandy is asking for too much I assume.

The fact is that you are tired of her and you don't really like her, that's why you feel like she's everywhere, I feel the same sometimes. I think that Scarlett, that's one of the most beautiful women in the world and is a true beauty, should be showing even more of her.

I usually keep my feelings to myself & comment on facts.
well i guess we are different, then. everyone is...
and the fact that i think scarlett isn't a good model has absolutely nothing to do with disliking her.

Being a true beauty doesn't mean that a girl, or a boy, can take good pics, nor become a good fashion model. Many would argue that Erin O'Connor or Stella Tennant aren't as pretty as Scarlett in the conventional way, but both are two of the most legendary models - ever, who gave -and continue to do so- some of the most unforgettable images to the whole fashion history.

Scarlett is a commercial model at best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->