Donna Karan F/W 10.11 New York

288155w.jpg
30rwtib.jpg

k9xsht.jpg
29zpso7.jpg

catwalking.com/

This is terrible. I see a lot of Stefano Pilati for YSL in the shapes and volumes. Also, this whole black/gothic aesthetic is just not her and it shows. The show looks strange to me. A lot of the pieces look out of place under someone like Donna Karan.

Example.

catwalking.com/

I want to see the whole collection before making a final judgment for myself but from what I've seen so far, I agree.

The rest is too monstrous to post. I cannot bring myself to do it! :lol: :innocent:

Besides, this collection is an absolute joke. Donna Karan needs to stop 'experimenting' and 'exploring' new ways to redefine her aesthetic. She fails every time she does it and ends up unashamedly taking inspiration from other designers. I've seen Versace at Donna Karan, I've seen Stefano Pilati, I've seen Prada, but I fail to see her own aesthetic in these recent collections of hers.

A different Donna and a very impressive one too.
A move away from the feminine layers and onto something altogether edgy and darker.
Best show in NYC so far and only a slight problem with the ill fitting, oversized coats.....but I'll let that slide as the rest more than makes up for it.

why don't you post the whole collection?

i'm not quite used to DOnna Karan having such a strong aesthetic. But last winter and this seem to be very much on that line (in a different way of course, as this has a much clearer graphic line)
anyway, it's not as bad as expected. and some of the outerwear is so far the best we've seen in NY.
it's good to see that a company that is cutting costs in advertisement et al is not verging to the conservative side creatively.

Donna Karan is usually much softer than this, but I still kinda like what I am seeing do far.

The rest is too monstrous to post. I cannot bring myself to do it! :lol: :innocent:

Besides, this collection is an absolute joke. Donna Karan needs to stop 'experimenting' and 'exploring' new ways to redefine her aesthetic. She fails every time she does it and ends up unashamedly taking inspiration from other designers. I've seen Versace at Donna Karan, I've seen Stefano Pilati, I've seen Prada, but I fail to see her own aesthetic in these recent collections of hers.

She needs to take a page from Carolina Herrera.

Besides, this collection is an absolute joke. Donna Karan needs to stop 'experimenting' and 'exploring' new ways to redefine her aesthetic.
Wow. So she should basically stop evolving as a designer?

I love that she does not stay stagnant and let others define what her aesthetic should be. Each season is always a wonderful surprise. These clothes are absolutely beautiful.

She needs to take a page from Carolina Herrera.

And make clothes for Renee Zellwegger and 70 year-old ladies who lunch? I think I'll take Donna just as she is thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
So far this is reminding me a bit of her F/W 05 collection, just sharpened up and made more architectural.

I can't judge yet, but I really don't see anything remotely Pilati about this, unless we're counting that one charcoal cocoon coat which owes more to Balenciaga than Pilati.

I am loving what I see so far. Donna's signature draping and shapes but with a hard edge. Absolutely fantastic.

I'm loving the two looks so far of the subtly draped satin dresses with the leather opera length gloves. Very sexy.

ETA - that white blouse on Hanne Gaby is gorgeous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->